Part 9 - Link tried to what?!

Night time quickly rolled around and soon everybody was getting ready for bed. I jumped into my new pyjamas, which were actually my size, and walked into the living room to watch some TV.

I started to watch some repeats of The Brady Bunch. I laid down because I was practically falling asleep on the couch when I felt someone hop on beside me, I looked up and saw who it was.

Link.

"Hey" I said before resting my head back down.

"Hey" he replies with, still watching the TV.

The room was filled with silence. But it wasn't awkward like last time, it was a nice silence. I enjoyed having someone beside me, it didn't make me feel so lonely after all the years of living by myself.

"Did you have fun today?" He asks, turning towards me.

"Yeah, I haven't been that happy for years now. Thanks a lot" I add with a smile. I sit up and stare into his icy blue eyes that were also focused on mine.

"I'm glad you did. Ya know, it's also nice to have someone other than Rhett around the house, it's really great" he replies with a grin.

I start to feel sick in the stomach. Guilt was taking over me as I reminded myself that I couldn't stay here forever, I have to go out and get a job, a home, a family.

I was planning to leave tomorrow, go to the bank and take out the money I had saved for an emergency and take a plane to somewhere far away. Somewhere very far away from North Carolina. A place they will never find me again. And I knew the perfect location,

Australia.

My eyes start become cloudy at the thought of leaving these two mythical men all alone with each other, but I had no other option that would work for all of us.

"Well I also loved staying here as well. It can get abit boring when you live by yourself, ya know?" I say, trying to stick with my decision.

"Yeah, it can..." Is all he replies with before he leans in, almost coming into contact with my face,

I realise what he's doing and shuffle myself away, further towards the other end of the couch and continue to stare at him with even wider eyes. He immediately notices and straightens himself up.

"I, ermm, will see you tomorrow" he says awkwardly and gets up, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

I didn't know what to think at that point, did he just try to kiss me? I couldn't handle something like that at the current time. I haven't even thought about those type of things yet, my head has been so muddled up to actually think about my current life. My thoughts have just been in the clouds lately.

I standup from the squishy couch and trod over to my little room and flop onto the bed. I bury my face into the pillow and cry. I don't stop there, but I poured everything that had been built up over the past few nights and let it all out.
All my barricades in my mind had completely collapsed and crumbled into ashes and dust before my eyes. I just kept my head in my pillow and didn't stop until it hurt.

"Jennifer, are you alright?" A concerned Rhett said.

I sniffle then roll over to see him standing in the doorway, I had my door open so the two of them must of heard me.

"Uhhh, yeah. Just- everything's alright" I choke out

"Okay, well, I'm always here if you need me, I'm just down the hall. Night" he replies sleepily and disappears.

Everything felt like it was coming to an end. Mostly because it was, my time here was up

A/N:
Good day to you lovely people!
My day has ended and I'm going to bed soon but I thought to update before I did anything, so I hope you are enjoying the book.
I know I said I was excited for today, being Friday, but I woke up this morning with neck/shoulder/back pain and a migraine.

Yay...

So I had a ton of fun (not), trying to stay awake because of all the pain medications I was taking.

Yay...

Question: How are you feeling?

Im feeling quite dandy because I'm going to sleep soon but now I'm really hungry and craving some Homebrand chocolate chip cookies from Woolworth's (it's an Australian thing).

Toodles,
WriteTillWeDie!