Part 15 - Don't call me Jenny

I pace my way out into the hall way and ran out of the building. I see my car across the field and run towards it, backpack on my back. I eventually reach it and open the door to my faded Yellow Buggy (Voltswagon) and sit down in the drivers side, just as my phone goes off.

"Hey, Dylan!" I say enthusiastically. Dylan has been my best mate ever since I moved to Brisbane, Australia and we've known each other for 15 years now. I bring the car engine to life and start to travel down the highway, waiting for his reply.

"Hey Jenny, my girl"

"Okay 1, I'm not your girl and 2, don't ever call me Jenny again" I reply with a laugh.

"Hah! I know, i know, just messing with ya... Anyway, could we meet up for some dinner tonight?"

"Sure, where you thinking of and what time? Remember, I gotta do study so not to early!"

"I'm available any time, any place then. What sounds good to you?"

"How about the Macca's in The Westfield shopping centre, meet you at 9?" I say with some thought.

"That'll be great, cya then!"

"Oh, okay. Bye!"

"Bye" he replies with before hanging up the call.

I'm left with silence to ponder about how strange my life is now. From all those years ago with Rhett and Link, I'm now at the prime of my career, well, I work at Subway now but I'm at the prime of my life.

I'm studying at the University of Sunshine Coast (USC) and I live in North Brisbane, I have a small apartment to myself. I live there with my cat and dog, and spend most my nights just completing school work since I can I always seem to have something due! I have always loved Film my entire life but I've taken more of an interest into classical movies than the modern day thrillers.

I sigh and pull up at my turn. I drive through the little suburb of North Lakes and find my quaint little home. I see my cat sleeping out front of the garden as I pull up in my car. (See above image) I get out and walk over to the front door.

"C'mon Hindi, come here! C'mon!" I call out to my feline friend. She ignores me by stretching and dozing off to sleep on the grass again.

I ignore her and unlock my front door, the cold air gives me shivers as I step into the empty house.

A/N:
Hello lovelies! I have been exhausted from writing for the past few days but that wont stop me from uploading. I'm currently writing a new story and am up to chapter 9 but I haven't uploaded it yet, mostly because I don't think I'm very happy with how it's coming along. It's a strange concept that I haven't really written about before so it doesn't seem to be ready to be released into the online world, yet.

Question: What do you say when there is an awkward silence?
Personally, I've started saying 'sure will be nice when they make this road four lanes' which is then proceeded by me bursting out laughing and the other person being extremely confused. My mum actually has watch the video since I shared it on Facebook, she kinda gave me the 'what in the world do you watch?!' look before going completely silent.

Fun times, awkward times...

Toodles,
WriteTillWeDie!

Before I knew you: A Rhett and Link FanfictionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara