Chapter 2: NEW STAR WAND

Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN THE CHARACTERS OF CARD CAPTOR SAKURA. THEY ARE OWNED BY CLAMP

**********
Syaoran was extra attentive and protective after knowing the incident earlier while Eriol was very quiet and thoughtful. It was only after classes and when they were on their way home when he started talking again.

"Where are you planning to hold the ceremony?" He asked.

"Oh yeah. You're going to make the new star wand tonight aren't you?" Syaoran chimed in.

Sakura nodded, "Eriol filled you in?"

Syaoran nodded. "I'm sorry I haven't returned any of your e-mails." Syaoran put an arm around her waist and gave her a reassuring smile,

"It's okay. I understand." Sakura put her own arm around his waist and gave him a happy smile.

"Well I'm planning to do it at Ms. Mizuki's shrine near the cherry blossom tree. I feel like I can absorb greater power there and I feel safest there as well." The three nodded.

"Well, this is our stop. I'm going back with Tomoyo." Eriol said grabbing his girlfriend's hand.

"You are?" Tomoyo asked confused.

"Yeah. Your mother wants me to come over for dinner." Tomoyo had a beaming smile,

"Oh. Okay. I'll see you later at the shrine. Bye Sakura, Li!" The two then went off.

"What about you?" Sakura asked Syaoran as he walked her home.

"Want to come over for dinner?"

"Your father won't mind?" Sakura shook her head, "Dad will be happy to see you. He's been talking about new stories to share."

Syaoran smiled at that comment. "How's your father living having with half of Clow's Power?"

"He's adjusting to it. He prefers to let it stay dormant though like how Onii-san's power was. He's just happy he can see Okaa-san."

"About earlier...." Syaoran trailed off,

"You getting jealous?" Sakura asked with a chuckle. Syaoran blushed but tightened his hold on her waist.

"Yeah. I'm sorry."

Sakura kissed him on the cheek, "It's okay. You're cute when you're jealous."

He gave her a smile that sent the message of how he felt, "I'll protect you Sa-chan. We'll face whatever evil is lurking here together."Sakura gave him a gentle side hug, "Everything will be okay, for sure."

They arrived at Sakura's house. "I'm home!" Sakura exclaimed. Her father peeked out of the kitchen and into the entry way, "Welcome home. Oh, Li you're back."

"Good evening sir." Syaoran said with a bow.

"I'm making dinner. Sakura, why don't you go upstairs and change while I catch up with Li in the kitchen." Sakura nodded and gave them both a cheery smile before heading upstairs.

After changing and promising Kero a slice of chocolate cake, Sakura went down and helped her father and Syaoran make dinner.

"Tadai ma." They all heard Touya exclaim.

"Welcome back onii-chan." Sakura greeted.

"Hello monster."

Sakura glared at him. "I am not a monster."

Touya looked at the person beside her and his face showed his annoyance, "Oh, the brat is here too." Syaoran gave him a glare as well.

"Onii-chan!" Sakura said with a frown.