C H A P T E R-F O U R

C O N N O R

I can't believe I almost came out.

At the bar, I sat alone drinking, a lot, while watching Troye and Zoe enjoying themselves as they slowly got more drunk by the hour. A man had approached me, flirting. I tried to show no interest in him, but he was really hot. I occasionally laughed at the jokes he said. I found out his name is Mark , and he was a college student. After a while of talking he started leaning in.

"I'm sorry, but I'm straight." I awkwardly said.

"Then why are you here?"He asked.

"I'm here with my friends, helping one of them get over their cheater boyfriend." I then pointed them out in the crowd.

"Really? Is she your girlfriend? " He had asked me while pointing at Zoe.

"No, her boyfriend is in England" It got quiet for a bit, suddenly staring to feel the affect of the alcohol in my system. I kept looking at his lips, then back to his eyes. He seemed to notice.

"So..straight?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah.."

"You seem confused more like it,"

"Yeah," I looked up at him. "Can I kiss you?" I don't know what had made me ask that question, maybe it was the alcohol in my system, or maybe I was just really stupid. Probably a mixture of the two. He didn't answer, just used his hand to guide my lisps to his. It wasn't rough, or soft. Somewhere in between. It felt really nice. Not like the times before, when I had 'girlfriends' in high school. It was much better than those meaningless kisses.

And you know what scared me the most? I didn't even like him.

Here, was some guy I had just met, giving me more pleasure than any girls could ever. And I had no feelings to him attached at all. I started to think about how it would be like to kiss someone I did like. Then I started crying.

Good job Connor, the first time you kiss a guy, you cry in the middle of it.

"Is something wrong?" He pulled away as soon as he felt my tears.

"N-nothing, I just-" I sniffled "I'm scared." Then there I was, crying on a stranger's shoulder.

"It's ok, you'll be fine." He tried to reassure me.

"Wait isn't that your friend? The one who broke up with his boyfriend?" I looked up, seeing Troye stumble his way towards us. I wiped away my tears so Troye wouldn't have to see me crying.

"It'll be ok," Was the last thing Mark said before leaving me to talk with Troye.

"Stop..stop" I heard Troye mummer in his sleep, breaking me out of remembering last night.

I looked up, his face scrunched up. He continued saying that for a bit before it stopped. That's when he started screaming.

"STOP!" He yelled, tears escaping his closed eyes.

"Troye? Troye!" He didn't wake up, so I started shaking him. I was surprised no one had come to see why Troye was screaming.

"Troye, it's just a dream. Wake up!" He still wasn't waking up. I stopped shaking him. I didn't know what to do. Then he stopped screaming, but instead I heard him whisper a name.

Tyler.

I knew what ever was happening in his dream needed to stop now. I ran out of the room, going to the kitchen and grabbing a cup of water. I went back, careful not to drop the water, and ignoring Zoe asking why I had gotten it. I also tried ignoring the massive headache I had.