Chapter 16: He Did What?!

MAY 9TH, 2011

I chilled with Harry Nordstrom at the creek for the last time. I was kind of starting to like him, but something was about to happen that would change the way I looked at him forever..

As our lips inched closer and closer, my heart pounded. He was so intriguing. Our lips finally touched.. Oh my gosh! I thought to myself. He's the worst kisser ever! Aww, gross! He's so slobbery. God, make it stop! I think he's pulling away. Heck yes. I'm FREE!

He smiled at me, and I smiled back even though I felt like I was about to puke.

"How was that?" He asked.

"Honestly," I answered truthfully. "I'm not ready for another relationship.. I know I can trust you, but I just don't know.."

"I get it, you don't like me that way.."

"I kind of do.."

"Well, we don't have to take this any further. We're friends. You're my little sis." He said with a reassuring smile.

"And you're my big brother." I smiled.

We started talking and for some weird reason, I asked him what his biggest secret was. His answer was absolutely and positively SHOCKING.

"Well," He started. "I don't like to admit this, but I kinda.. made out with Gabby Daveson when I was dating Crimson.. twice.."

"WHAT?!" Thousands of emotions were going through my head and I stood up from my spot in the gazebo. "How could you do that to her? You were always complaining about how Crimson always hung out with Sanders when we were all hanging out together, yet you turn around and cheat on her TWICE. What the hell is wrong with you?!"

"Emma, she obviously liked Sanders, don't even deny it. Crimson also told Halie that if she wasn't going out with me then she would go out with him because he's equally hot or whatever.."

"That still doesn't give you the right. All you guys did was hurt each other, and I don't want that kind of relationship even if I do like you." I spat at him. "You're a low life, scum-sucking, cheater, and I'm done with you."

I started to walk away, but turned to him again. "Another thing, you seriously need therapy, and lessons on how to kiss because that was disgusting. Have a nice life, jerk." With that, I left him sitting in the gazebo by himself. One day, he's going to get his heart broken, and nobody is going to do a thing to help him.

MAY 10TH, 2011

Wednesday at school was as normal as my life will ever be. I sat with Halie and the Bears at lunch. Halie was best friends with Amelia, but Amelia was sick that day so she wasn't anywhere in sight. Still being really pissed at Harry, I blurted out that he's a dirty lying cheater. They all gave me confused looks, all except for Halie.

"Ugh, I know." Halie said.

"How?" I asked, bewildered.

"Gabby told me, obviously." I had forgotten that they were best friends. "You see, Gabby hates Crimson, and she also likes Harry. Gabby and Harry are going out, if you didn't already know." My jaw dropped.

"Are you serious?! That jerk!" I was shocked that he even had the nerve to date Gabby after he already used her to cheat on Crimson. "Just because Gabby hates Crimson that doesn't give her the right to turn around and make out with her boyfriend! Ugh!"

"Yeah, tell me about it.."

Everyone else at the table was up to speed now, and we all decided that Harry was and still is a jerk.