[26]: Saying Goodbye*

"I know mom... I'll call you when I get there." I shouted as I zipped my luggage closed. It's been a week since Lans and I, you know. My last week at work got sadder the more the days past. Saying goodbye to the kids and Lans was honestly really hard. Dave and I made a pack to just be friends cause we both knew long distance relationships weren't our thing. Plus, he sort of didn't know I slept with his father but it's okay cause we aren't dating and I prayed in the time I was gone, he had moved on.

By Thursday, I was mailed all my information, my schedule, dorm room and lunch pass. That's when it hit my mom that I was leaving soon.

Now here I was, packed and ready to go. School didn't start for another week but I still needed to move into my dorm.

The day has come and so my mom wouldn't stop rambling about how I would come to visit on holidays, call when I needed help and yada yada yada....

I had everything planned out for when I arrived. First, I'll meet my roommate. Walk around campus and possibly find a job, all before school starts.

I was informed that I had a possibility of getting a male roomate but it was highly unlikely so I was sure I was fine.

I just hoped I got a girl roommate who was not a slut but not a neat freak either.

Also if I had a guy roommate, I really hoped he was gay... Who doesn't want a gay guy roommate?

"Promise you'll call once you land." my mom said for the millionth time.

'So many promises'

"Yes... I promise."

"Oh and Travis is outside waiting for you."

"Travis?" I wasn't babysitting today.

"Yeah."

'Why would Travis be outside?'

I grabbed my bags anyway and went downstairs. I gave my mom one last kiss and hurried to the car before my mom changed her mind about letting me go. I loaded my bags in the back and went into the passenger seat.

"So... What brings you here?" I asked confused.

"Well I wanted to give my dear friend one last ride before she left me." he said smiling.

"Oh come on.... I'm your only friend."

"Well my only female friend... Every other girl I just-"

"OKAY! We're not that close!"

He chuckled and started the engine. He turned on the radio which was very odd since he never allowed me too....

And the strangest thing happened...

Love It When You Cry came on.
[recap to like the third chapter]

Travis started humming to it while I just watched in confusion.

'What's going on?'

"I see you're enjoying yourself." I joked.

"I gotta say...You got me hooked to the song." he said tapping on the stirring wheel with his thumb.

"How come you never told me until now?"

"Well you're leaving now so I won't have to hear you make fun of me."

"Clever boy."

________

Once we got the the airport, Travis wanted to walk me in.... Weird? I let him do it anyway seeing as he's the only one I'll be seeing before boarding my plane. Plus I needed the help.