[23]: Kisses & Smart Comments*

"—And then mom bought me the batman Lego game for my DS." Dan rambled. Martha had just dropped him off since she was still taking a break from being with Lans. Speaking of Lans, I still haven't talked to him yet.

"Let me see it." Dave said grabbing it off the counter. Dan shouted in protest and tried taking it from Dave but he was just too short.

I laughed at the sight and went to the fridge and served myself some fruit punch.

Dave and I got home about thirty minutes ago right when Martha dropped Dan and Danielle off.

When we got home, Danielle was knocked out on the couch. It was really cute so I slickly took a photo of her.

I looked over at Dave to see him playing with Dans 3DS game. He noticed me looking and just smiled.

I blushed and looked away. I knew the feelings were coming back.... And I didn't want to stop it.

>Flashback<

"Kiss me." he asked with his eyes shining with anticipation. I kept second guessing because in that moment, I wanted to.

But I was tired of having a 'just in the moment' thing with anyone.

I haven't spoken to Lans about our little getaway together and I'm now starting to think it was 'just in the moment' thing that happened between us.

'I mean for goodness sakes, he called me a slut the last time we spoke.'

After I pushed Dave away he instantly found a rebound and just became this sex monster out of no where.

I mean... If Lans got me right after he left Martha just like Dave found that girl when I pushed him away.... Doesn't it mean I'm the rebound?

'....I was the rebound!'

I just me taking too long to answer made Dave second guess even saying it.

"I-I'm sorry. You don't hav-" he started before I interrupted him by grabbing his face and kissing him.

I don't wanna be a rebound. I was a secret from the beginning and a rebound now, a SECRET rebound.

Dave has liked me from the beginning, he cares about me. He jokes around with me all the time. And even though he did find a random chick, it was because he wanted me and I pushed him away....

Because I cared about Lans so much, I pushed a guy who cared about me, away. I pushed away the person who truly cares about me and, stayed with the person who doesn't even know what grief feels like since he instantly had someone to be with when he left his wife.

I'm not even sure his divorce has sinked into his head. His had me the whole time that he didn't have to worry.

I didn't realize how much I was putting into the kiss until I realized I was straddling Dave. Seconds later we broke the kiss.

"Woah." he let out. I bit my bottom lip in embarrassment and looked away.

From the corner of my eye I saw him bring his finger to his lip and started tracing it. Once I heard him chuckle, I looked at him.

"You really wanted to kiss me didn't you?" He said mockingly. My jaw dropped and I hit his chest playfully.

"Stop it!" I knew I was turning red.

He wrapped his arm around my back and brought me down to his chest. We laid there for a few minutes until I finally had the courage to say what he has been waiting for since he snuck up on me in my house. Although I was hesitant then, I wasn't now.

"I like you too Dave" I whispered.

>End Of Flashback<

_________

I went to grab a blanket and right as I grabbed it, I heard a car door close. I knew it was Lans, well Travis dropping off Lans.

"DAD!" Dan shouted. He ran up to him and Lans engulfed him into his arms and it made me smile.

It seems like the only thing that makes me smile about Lans is when he's being a father. I saw Lans glance around the room and once his eyes landed on me, I looked away.

I flapped the blanket in the air and then covered it on Danielle so she wasn't cold and had some comfort.

"Jenn?" I looked up at the sound of my voice and saw Lans taking off his blazer and hanging it on a hook. Although I really wanted to ignore him, he was my boss.

"Yes, Sir?"

He looked taken back by my professionalism but covered it quickly, "Can you meet me in my office?"

'What did I do this time?'

Did he have a secret detective watch Dave and report back to Lans that he saw us kissing? I know I'm exaggerating but Lans has money so, he can do stuff like that.

"Sure." I said forcing a smile on my face. I walked upstairs and down the hall, to the front door of his office and waited for him to unlock it.

He locked his door every time he left his house. Important files and what not.

'They're clearly not that important if we've made out on those files'

Once he unlocked it, I went in first and glanced around. Yup, the same shitty office with the same shitty paintings and carpet that cost more than my house.

Woah, I'm getting into my feelings.

Once I heard his door close, I came back to reality.

"If you bought me just so you could yell-" I felt my lips get connected with his and froze.  I didn't kiss back, I didn't want to... I didn't even feel any sparks.

"What's.... Wrong?" he said through kisses. I wasn't kissing back and he didn't like that.

"Nothing." I mumbled.

"Then why aren't you kissing back?" He said letting go of me.

"Because.... I don't want to-" I pushed him off of me, "I don't want to do this. I don't want to be a rebound. I don't want to be your secret." I blurt out.

"Jenn why would you think that-"

"That I was a secret? A rebound? Everything adds up Lans, before you left your wife me and you, we were sneaking around. As soon as you left your wife I was still the same secret, but now I'm the only thing you have to pleasure you."

He scoffed. "We haven't even fucked."

Once he said that, all my anger rushed to my face. All I saw was red. We haven't even fucked? God forbid we ever did, I'd be feeling 10 times more hurt. Who knew the mouth that once spoke nothing but sweet things to me, was saying these vile things now.

I couldn't control what happened next. All I know is, my hand had a mind of its own. . . and it smacked my boss.

-
A/N
Now now, I don't know how I feel about this chapter. I felt like I did a 180 because last chapter you guys loved lans and hated Dave

Anyways, if you liked this chapter than Vote & Comment because I love seeing you guys opinions on things :)