Into edited

Astrid POV

Who will get the honor of killing their first dragon, in front of the entire village? that will be me, I thought as the last match started, it was between me and Hiccup. The entire village surrounded the traing ring, chatting excitedly to see who will win. The sky was unusually clear, and surprisingly warm for this time of year. I entered the arena with Hiccup right behind me, boy was I determined. There was short wooden walls, about hip height, scattered around the arena. I wasn't paying much attention till....

".....Release the Gronckle" boomed the Chief Stoick the Vast.

It come flying out, as soon as the door released, Hiccup and I jumped behind one of the many walls.

"I'm winning this thing" I bluntly stated to Hiccup, with a scowl on my face.

"Sure, by all means" he replied, I don't really get him. Doesn't he want to win? I jumped the wall and started running. I'm the best, I will win this.

I have been running around hiding from its view. I placed my back against one of the wooden walls, griping my axe in a death grip, sweat dripped down my back, I took a deap breath.

"This time, this time for sure" I said trying to calm my beating heart. I had started thinking of my Uncle, Fearless Finn Hofferson, and how he froze from fear, facing that Flightmare. I will win this, and restore my family honor. I Fearless Astrid Hofferson will win this.

With that in my head I jumped over the walls screaming at the top of my lungs. That's when I saw it, the Gronckle was laying at his feet. He held no weapon, it just laid there.

"ARRRRTRRR" I flung myself up off my bed, it was still dark, the moon high in the sky. My empty room lying in shadow.

"It was just a dream, just a dream" I softly told myself. Tring to calm my racing heart. I was covered in sweat, Fearless Astrid Hofferson, Afraid?

Hiccup disappeared after that last match, no one has seen him since. He won the honor of killing the Monstrous Nightmare. He never showed up. The search parties never found him, they searched for weeks. Was he carried away by a dragon, eaten? did he run away? Why would he, he won, was better then me at dragon fighting.

Tomorrow Hiccup will have been gone for two years...........................

(not that I'm counting)

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////