After Party

The party was epic. Everyone in New York had to be there, even though it hadn't even began yet. There was a line around the club that looked like it swirled all the way down the block.

We slid into the club pretty easily, given we were the hosts of the party.

The club was dark, with neon lights flashing in every direction. Music was blaring from every corner of the room. Sonny was already mixing at the set when we got to the table.

He looked pissed.

"Why couldn't you have been here about half an hour ago? You realize the party started a while back, right?" he yelled over the music as best he could.

Wes stepped in front of me, protecting me.

"We, um-" he started to say, but Sonny cut him off.

"What were you even doing, anyways?" he screamed, staring at us with angry eyes.

"Look man, you have reason to be mad. But I cant really control how early or late we get here. Uber is never reliable." he flashed a grin, laughing to himself about a joke I clearly didn't know.

Sonny started to soften his stare, and he stopped being mad.

"Okay, fine. But you have to mix for the whole hour and I'll be back." he went straight towards our reserved table, where Steph was sitting. After a while they left, and we didn't see them for a while.

The mix we did was a compilation of all of our new songs, with a few other songs mixed in. It was a little over an hour, and the whole time, slutty girls danced around Wes.

Every time one of them got near him, I couldn't help but feel a little jealousy. It wasn't fair to me that they were doing that. Especially after he told me he loved me.

When our set was over, Sonny was back, so he mixed for a while.

We went around the club, talking to people and drinking.

When I'd finally had enough was when this one girl put her hands on Wes's chest, and I lost it. I wasn't going to be treated like that. Pushed aside when another girl showed up.

I went over to the bar and sat down. Some guy sat next to me, and kept on offering to buy me a drink.

"C'mon, girl. Lemme buy ya a drink." he slurred his words together into one big jumble, and I watched as he lost his balance and started to fall into me.

I saw a hand reach out and grab the guys shoulder. On the strangers arm was a tattoo. A dinosaur.

It was Wes.

He looked angry, and, surprisingly, jealous.

"Whoa, man. What do you think youre doing to my girl?" he shouted.

My girl?!?!? Who does he think I am? One minute he has girls all over him, and the next he's calling me his girl.

He pulled the man up by his shirt, and he pushed him away.

The man was drunk, and he fell to the ground as he tried to get back up. But eventually he did, and swung his hand at Wes, barely missing his eye.

Wes threw a hard punch straight for the guys face, and gave the man a black eye with ease.

While we watched this go down, a security guard approached them both. I couldn't speak. I didn't even know what to say.

All I could do was watch Wes's face as the guard dragged him out of the club. His eyes pleased with me, like he was trying to get me to save him.

That face, his sad, begging face haunted me the whole drive down to the police station later that night.