In The Studio

Sonny led me up to a large studio. As we walked down the halls, Sonny couldn't help but make jokes and goof around with the other artists surrounding us.

Most of the musicians around us just looked like ordinary people. None of them had any fancy clothes, or weird demands or anything unusual. Actually, some of them looked just as intimidated as I was.

When we walked into the studio, I saw Wes and a few other people sitting in swivel chairs, huddled around their laptops. Wes looked up at me and smiled. He shut his laptop softly and stood up to greet me.

He walked over in front of me, and held his arms out wide. When I didn't hug him back immediately, much like a bear, he grabbed me and hugged me so hard he lifted me up in the process. I giggled and squirmed like a child and he hugged me.

"Hi Kyla! How was the flight here?"

He began to ask endless questions about how I was doing until I pulled out my laptop, reminding us that there was work to be done.

We all sat in a circle of chairs, each one of us holding a laptop and a coffee, while we created monster beats and catchy melodies on our computers. After a while, I learned all the names of the people in our group.

One was a girl named Mija, who I found especially nice. She could definitely stand out- her turquoise hair and black snakebites were such an original idea that went with her personality.

There was of course, Sonny and Wes. But there was also a girl named Steph. Though at first she didn't speak much, one thing was very obvious- she and Sonny clearly had a spark. You could see it when they looked at each other.

Also, a guy named Dillon was there. He wasn't a part of the collaboration though- just an assistant of sorts- he gave us ideas when we were blank.

We slaved away at the computers for hours, and then we decided on an hour break. Later, we were to meet back up right here, to do more work. I was really ready to DJ an event already.

Don't these people ever have fun?

But I remembered, Wait, I never really worked before. All I did was party.

So I just decided to suck it up and work. Why not? It couldn't be too much more. All we're gonna do is make one four minute song and call it a day.

Wes took me out to lunch. We sat outside probably the same restaurant I past by earlier, and ate lunch while we got to know each other.

"So, how long have you been making music?" Wes was clearly rolling over another topic on his mind.

"Uh, maybe 10 years. Somewhere around there." I mumbled, staring deep into his blue eyes.

I must've gotten to creepy when I was looking at him because he chuckled and leaned over the table and smirked.

"Just can't get enough, can you?"

He looked at my lips, gazing down while I spoke. For some reason, I couldn't stop thinking about kissing him.

"I, uh, I-" he stopped me before I could speak.

"It's alright. I was just joking. "

I felt relieved as he sat back in his chair and have a comforting smile.

After the lunch, we went for a walk back to the building. He stood close beside me, putting his hand on my back and guiding me every once in a while.

He was just talking about the song, and then he hit me with a question.

"How do you feel about joining me on tour for a couple weeks?"

I stopped and faced him, feeling a mixture of guilt and selfishness.

"I don't think I could- with being away so long, and I'm not very good at this. You wouldn't want me to be on tour with you. "

I thought I'd made myself sound pretty convincing, but apparently not, because by the end of the walk back to the building, I had agreed to go tour with him.

We got back to our studio a little bit late, and everyone was already there, waiting for us.

I didn't think they would be mad, but they really were, since the head of the label and the main producer on the sing were both gone, I guess they didn't know what to do.

Wes spoke out like a little kid declaring a new toy.

"So Kyla is going to tour with me for a few months now. "

Everyone smirked and exchanged glances. I had no idea why, but I felt like they knew something I didn't.

Steph spoke out first.

"Is she really ready to go on tour tomorrow? That's rely soon for a newer artist. "

I almost fainted. Tomorrow? Why did he not mention this?!?

I clearly looked mad, since he stepped over to me and tried to comfort me.

"It'll be fun, I promise. Steph and Sonny are going too. "

Oh, great. The last thing I need is to go on tour with three complete strangers for three months.