The Day Before The Tour

I woke up the next morning to the screeching noise of an alarm going off. The noise deafened me to the point of where I threw the clock at the wall to shut the damn thing off.

It wasn't even light outside. No one should be awake so early.

When I thought that an alarm going off at 7:00 was the worst thing that could happen, I heard my hotel door open. As awful as it sounds, even though it could've been a burglar or something, I was honestly too tired to care.

The stranger knocked on my door, which surprised me because I didn't know criminals did that.

He walked into my room without me saying a word. I watched his white sneakers as he walked over to my bed and sat down.

Though my head was covered with the sheets, I could instantly tell who it was as soon as he spoke.

"Kyla. We're leaving on the flight in an hour. You gotta get ready."

I lifted the sheets off of my face and I looked up at him with annoyed eyes.

"Do I have to???" I whined like a little kid, but I didn't care. It was too early to care.

"Yes, actually. You do have to." he sounded just as tired as I did.

I sat up and moved next to him. When I looked at his face, it was clear how tired he really was. The dark lines under his eyes and the creases in his forehead gave him a softened look, like he was older than he actually was.

"Do you want me to stay here and help you pack, or do you want to meet us at the airport?"

Obviously, as rude as I could be, he still was trying to be nice to me and help. So I agreed and I let him pack my things while I took a shower and got ready to leave.

When I got out of the shower, he was sitting in the living room area, playing around on his phone. I shut the door to the bedroom and I turned around, to see he already picked out my clothes. A white shirt and black sweatpants. One of the more boring outfits he could've chosen, but the goal of my outfit today wasn't to look interesting.

I quickly changed as I stared at the clock, which read 7:23.

We had just enough time before the flight.

I walked into the living room, holding my sneakers in one hand and my backpack in the other. He stood up, and noticing my struggle, grabbed the backpack from my hand and slung it over his back.

When he did this our hands skimmed each other, and I felt a little spark just before he pulled away.

For some reason, it gave me butterflies in my stomach when I looked up at him after that.

"So, are you ready to go?" he spoke quietly while I just nodded, thinking about when our hands touched.

For most of the car ride there, we were silent, though neither of us even thought of speaking.

I was the first to say something.

"Wes?" I mumbled, with a small voice.

He raised his eyebrows and glanced over at me, trying to keep his eyes on the road at the same time.

"Why did you ask me to come out here? To go touring?"

I waited as he gathered an answer, probably thinking deeply to himself about why he really wanted me to come.

"Well, I thought you'd enjoy the experience. It's really fun to travel the world. And I figured you'd wanna see something cool like that to remember us by. "

I didn't understand the last part. But as I thought more and more, I realized he thought I was leaving.

I choked out my words, having a harder time trying to talk to him than usual.

"I'm not leaving. I'm not gonna just go back home and do nothing again. " when I said that, I could see the corners of Wes's mouth turn up into a smile.

He parked the car in the lot and he grinned at me, flashing his white teeth in my direction.

I smiled back at him, and he undid his seatbelt. He slid closer to me and gave me a huge hug, and I hugged him back.

He seemed truly happy that I was gonna continue working with him.

We boarded the flight alone, since Sonny and Steph had already boarded.
We sat in the front row, Wes and I together in one side, and Sonny and Steph in the other.

All of us were tired, so we all got pillows and blankets and made our own makeshift beds.

Sonny and Steph both fell asleep almost instantly, but Wes and I stayed awake.

We looked into each other's eyes, neither one of us saying a word.

After a while, we both slowly started to drift. All I could remember from the rest of the flight was Wes putting his arms around me and I laying my head on his shoulder.