The Next Morning

When I woke up the next morning, Wes was still asleep, clutching my back and the pillow he lay his head on. I nestled my face against him, and he sighed deeply.

He stretched his arm out that was holding me, and he slowly opened his eyes, squinting at the bright light.

I barely remembered what had happened last night, but I just hope we didn't... do anything.

We lay there for the longest time, and then, finally spoke.

"So, do you remember what happened last night?"

I say for a while, trying to collect an answer for him, but I couldn't think. I honestly didn't know.

"I don't really remember much, to be honest. " I lied to him.

"Hmm" he replied, almost expressionless. Clearly he wasn't buying into that.

"Ok. Fine, I do-" I was suddenly cut off by the door bursting open.

Sonny.

Sonny briskly started walking into the hotel room, not even bothering to look up.

He strode into the bedroom, yelling, and then he met our eyes with a surprised look.

"Ummmm- I, uh- I was just coming in here to tell you that Steph and I were going to lunch in a few minutes, if you want to join us. Or, if you're busy..."

His awkward expression made me want to run. I couldn't though. I physically couldn't- Wes had his arm around my shoulder in a tight grip and I couldn't pull away.

I knew exactly what it looked like to Sonny. We were laying in bed together. How were we supposed to explain that?!?

Wes sat up. He motioned at Sonny to come talk to him. He got out of bed and stretched. I stared at his tattoos while he walked into the living area with Sonny.

I curled back up in bed, finally getting to enjoy it. I pulled the sheets over my ears, but I could still hear them speak.

"Sonny. It's not at all what you're thinking. Nothing happened last night." Wes was talking nervously, as if there was something to hide.

"Are you sure, man? Because when I walked in there, that certainly wasn't nothing. You should've seen yourself, draped around her shoulders like that. Smiling at her. I'm not going to let you use her like that. "

Wes was trying to think of something to say, and the room fell silent.

I heard more hushed whispers, and then I fell back asleep.

When I woke up again, it was almost time for the show. I was still in Wes's bed, but he was gone somewhere when I woke.

I went across the hall and grabbed my clothes for the concert, and I took a shower. Then I went back to Wes's room.

When I got back, he was there, sitting on the couch and watching TV. Or maybe not, since he was poring over his phone while he was sitting there as well.

I sat down next to him. He turned and faced me, making sure he had my full attention. He smiled at me and tilted his head a little.

When he smiled at me like he was, something just took over me. All I wanted to do was kiss him. So badly.

"I really do like you, Kyla. I think you are so beautiful and talented."

He stopped there, forcing himself to be quiet, maybe silencing a thought.

"Thank you. I really like you too. " I spoke to him, hoping he would talk again.

I actually think he blushed when I said that.

Sonny ran into the room and he yelled.

"It's time to leave!"