Chapter Fourteen

A/N: The picture at the top of this chspter is of how I believe Grey Steel would look if he were a character in the series. :)

As he sat on top of the cool, metal table, his eyes wandered over the creased and damaged photograph he held in his hands.

Her beautiful face stared back at him, causing his stomach to churn with such hatred, the undeniably handsom male had to surpress a snarl of anger.

It was because of her disappearance that he was having to search the entirety of London. She had something that he wanted and he wasn't going to stop searching until he was in possession of it.

Just thinking about all the money he could make from conscious soldier synths brought a smile to Grey's face. Oh yes, he could just picture the wonderful life he would have with all that money in his pocket.

All he had to do was locate Pine Tree a.k.a. Adeline James and the Cube, then his dream could become his reality.

There were signs of her temporarily living within the four walls of the ex-synth repair shop, but various details suggested that she and someone else had left some time ago. Where they moved onto next wasn't clear but Grey was overly confident that he would find her.

Adeline couldn't hide forever...