Chapter Ten

Note: This chapter is a small preview of what to expect on Humans! Enjoy! By the way, your comments are incredible. They are literally what is keeping me writing at the moment.

The rough, solid concrete wall supported Pine's weight, as she leant against it for support. Her weak legs gave way, causing her exhausted form to sink to the floor. Her legs came to rest against her chest and her forehed upon her knees.

Despite the sound of singular approaching footsteps, she did not glance up. Instead, she remained in her foetal-like position.

The sensation of fingers curling in her ling hair caused Pine's muscles to tende in anticipation for the advancing pain.

Her head was suddenly yanked upwards, forcing the female ti look into the emotionless eyes of her soon-to-be murderer. A sickening pain radiated throughout her skull as their grip tightened. She groaned, trying to hold back her tears.

Pine gazed helplessly into the eyes she had once so trusted. Her heart skipped a beat as she stared at the synth green irises, trying to locate any form of guilt or remorse he may be experiencing. There was none, only enjoyment. He was only obeying orders but this did not stop Pine from feeling anguished.

"I'm sorry," she choked on her own hot tears. "I'm so, so sorry I got you into this mess."

Her final thoughts were of whether or not her friend would ever remember her as anything but a mark? Would Grey Steel let him go after she was dead, or would he remain a slave to the alterer? Pine would never know the answer to her questions because shortly after the thoughts entered her mind, a knife entered her chest...