And with my luck, his eyes stopped right on me. Something flashed in his eyes before he took long strides across the room and soon was standing right before me.
His blazing blue eyes boring into my brown ones, making me go weak at the knees.
And not weak at the knees like I just met Harry Styles. No. Weak like I'm gonna get my head ripped off by Godzilla. 

His cold yet beautiful eyes kept staring at me until he took a step forward and forcefully grabbed my chin. His scent filled my nose.
He smelt like some citrus tropical, woodzy mixture or something like that and it was quite alluring.

This is probably the worst time to do this but I started to stare at him. I know there is something about Alphas that makes them naturally hot, but he was something else. His eyes, even though they're cold and bitter, they're an azure blue with long full eyelashes adorning them. Pink plum lips that are literally begging to be kissed and a sculpted jaw...

"No." he said as he let go of my chin.

"No, no, no, No!" He practically shouted running his right hand through his hair and slightly tugging on it.

"Alpha, what's wrong?" Beta Marcus asked him. He seemed shocked at his Alpha's behaviour.

"Take them back to their cells, all of them. Now!" And with that he left the room. Leaving me utterly confused at what just happened and people shooting me weird glances.

And courtesy of the Blood Moon pack guards' hospitality, we were escorted back to our cells without as much as a hair out of place.
Please note the sarcasm.
Basically they dragged us out of the room whilst our Alpha and his family's bodies lay lifeless on the ground amidst a lot of screaming and crying. I guess the numbness of the shock had worn off from everyone.

Once we were back in the comfort of our cells Mavis jumped me.

"What the hell was that? Why are we still alive?" She seemed out of it, like she couldn't process the pain anymore and instead just focused on why we were still breathing.

"I have no idea what just happened, that was so strange." I answered. I thought that was it, that was going to be our slaughter, but we're still here.
Well, for now.

"Do you know him? Have you guys met before?" She asked.

"No, this was my first time meeting him." I answered honestly. I have absolutely no idea why he did what he did. And judging from the look on Mavis' face, she was trying to come up with a couple of theories.

But I could clearly see that she was trying to push the pain and shock of what just happened to the back of her head. For now, I wanted to do the same thing.

"But, but, he just let us go, and the way he looked at you..." Mavis trailed off eyeing me suspiciously. And I could tell that she's got a theory now.

"What are you getting at?" I asked eyeing her right back.

"Darling, is their Alpha your mate?" Rose asked from her cell opposite us. She looked a lot better than she did some moments ago when she nearly lost her son. He was probably also back in his cell now, confused as hell.
Like we all were.

I almost chocked on my own spit.
Mate? Mate! MATE? What? No!

I shook my head abruptly.

"Its true, it could be possible." Mavis said agreeing with Rose.

"Did you feel any connection, did your wolf speak to you?" Mavis asked.

"No, my wolf did not speak to me, I did not feel any 'connection', he just smelt really good." I said frustrated and slightly panicked at the conclusion they have arrived at.