I was a monster and Gabriella only confirmed it.

"Monster!" She screamed as she threw her teddy at me and rushed out. My parents were frozen to the spot until my mother fainted.

"Mom!" I had meant to say, but instead an animalistic sound came out of me. My dad looked at my mom then back at me.
"Get out!" he screamed at me.

"Dad?" I meant to say but again,words failed me.

He made a quick grab for the baseball bat I kept near my wardrobe and swung it at me.
He actually tried to hit me with it. My own baseball bat.
The one he'd gotten me. All in fear of what had happened to me.

I couldn't handle it so I jumped out of my window and ran, and ran, on all fours, out of civilization and into the thick forest, as far away from home as possible, afraid of the monster I had become.

But just like trying to run away from your shadow, there was no way to escape this, unless I plunged myself into complete and utter darkness.

*****

I woke up when something fell on my head.
Groaning I opened my eyes and looked around.

The sun was unbearably bright and hurting my eyes.
Then I saw a pine cone by me, which I'm pretty sure hit me.

"What is your name rogue?" A manly voice asked. I was a bit startled to hear someone in the middle of nowhere but I looked up nonetheless. I saw a man standing a few feet away from me, and I couldn't help notice that he was butt naked.

I quickly shielded my eyes.

"Argh, dude, don't you have manners? Put some clothes on! That's just disgusting." I scowled trying to shake the image out of my head.
I could feel the slight remnants of a headache as I did that.

"Funny you should say that, have you taken a look at yourself?" I heard him chuckle.

Oh no.

That's when I felt the wind hit my skin.
My bare skin.

I was naked.

I was mortified.

And I was very naked.

I quickly tried to cover as much as I could with my arms, not understanding how the hell I ended up here naked.
The guy just chuckled and chugged a shirt at me. I quickly put it on and it reached mid thigh, which I was grateful for.
I pushed back to lean against a tree and pulled my knees up so that I could pull the baggy shirt over my knees to my feet to cover up everything.

The man, by this time had put on a pair of shorts.
I tried to rack my brain for any memories of how I got here but at this moment everything seemed hazy.

"I said what is your name rogue?" The man said a bit more authoritative this time. He had a very tall and muscular build with scars lining his chest. He looked like he'd been attacked by a lion and been fortunate enough to survive it.
I was too busy studying him to actually understand his odd question.

"Rogue?" I question.

"What. Is. Your. Name?" The man said clearly getting annoyed.

"Adriane, and you are?" I asked.

The man seemed surprised at my question. It was then that I saw other men coming up from behind him, bless them, they were not naked. All just in shorts.
They seemed as though they were scouring the area.

"Beta Shawn." he replied. One of the men said something to him in a low tone which I didn't catch and he nodded in response.

"Beta? Isn't that like a girls name or something?" I asked. Beta sounds pretty girly if you ask me.