Chapter Thirteen - The Threat

Start from the beginning

Nicolette stood there in silence, in thought before speaking to herself. “Maybe I got it from wearing my baby cousin’s hat a week ago… I was wonder why my head was starting to get itchy.”

“So you had head lice and didn’t even bother to tell me?!” accused Devon suddenly.

Nicolette looked up and then shrugged. “Well, I’m sorry that I didn’t even realize I had it until now!” she replied sarcastically, but then smirked. “I guess karma’s a bitch, isn’t it?”

“What?” he demanded, a confused face replacing a pissed one.

“Well, you kissed me yesterday when I didn’t want you to… so you got it coming for you.” she replied smugly.

“Please, I bet you liked that kiss.”

She rolled her eyes. “Right and I like the lice on my head,” said Nicolette sarcastically, before walking away.

“Aren’t you forgetting something?” called Devon after her.

“What?”

He held out a slip of paper in front of her.

Nicolette’s eyes narrowed at him, before walking back towards him and reaching out to grab it. 

“Uh, uh, uh!” he smirked, holding it higher and out of reach for her to grab.

She jumped and tried to snatch it with her good hand, but it was useless. Curse her height!

“Fine, I’ll just ask—”

“Didn’t you hear what the nurse said? She said don’t ask her for another one because she won’t give it to you again.” cut in Devon sharply.

Nicolette glared at him. “Alright, I’ll just explain to the teachers that—”

“Too bad that wouldn’t work either. They won’t believe you because I’ll just tell them not to.”

“Then, I just won’t do anything.” she replied.

“I wouldn’t be too sure of that answer. I don’t know…if they think you ditched class for an inexcusable reason for three to four days, they might have to suspend you.” he shot back.

“Excuse me, but who do you think you are?!” demanded Nicolette. “The freaking teacher?”

“Oh, I control them.” replied Devon cockily.

“Oh yeah, you have daddy’s money to help you along… but what you don’t have is Lillian or Skyler on your side.” she shot back, thinking that she had won this battle of argument.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” he said coolly.

“Oh and why not?”

“Because guess what I have and you don’t?”

Nicolette stood confused for a moment, before she attempted to punch him in the face. Sadly, he just caught her wrist (thank god that it wasn’t her twisted wrist) and held onto it tightly, all the while pulling her closer.

“So, you’re out of options.” He smirked.

Nicolette gritted her teeth. “Yes, captain obvious. So what is it you want from me?” she demanded.

“After thinking it through all my choices, I decided it’s best if you become my personal slave for a week,” replied Devon.

“I think getting suspended is a better option…”

“Well then, while you’re gone, there might be a lot of people who’ll know you’re a psychopath…little emo girl.”

Nicolette blinked. She was not EMO! Well she was not emo anymore, that is. So now it was obvious that he had her diary and read through it. “So what happens if I don’t do anything you say?” she demanded.