Thirty Strings

I sat across from Daiki in the dimly lit café, staring at his frustrated face. I tapped my foot against the mahogany planked floor, people around chatted with proper etiquette and ate with manners.

Why do I feel so...out of place in this café? It's really fancy...why are we even here, Daiki?

"Wh-What's wrong?" I stuttered as the slight scowl on his face looked up at me. He frustratedly slammed his menu down, not too loud to disturb others as he gave me the 'are-you-serious' look.

"H-Hey I didn't choose this place, you did. We can just stop by Maji Burger if you want, we didn't have to come here." I tried to reason with him, nervously picking out every word of mine to not offend him of taking me out. I gave a pout shortly after, my cheeks blooming in heat.

It took a while before he sighed in defeat and crossed his arms over his chest, "Let's go."

We ended up buying burgers and milkshakes from Maji Burger.

"Why did you want to go in that café anyways? I'm fine with anything, you know." I felt a little giddy inside, knowing at least he put effort in trying to impress or make me feel special.

What a loveable basketball idiot...

"Tsk, I dunno. Don't ask me things like this, (First Name)." His cheeks radiated off heat like a campfire as his cheeks were giving off a pink kind of glowing hue.

He's adorable...

I pinched his cheek and squealed, my cheeks stuffed with a bit of food. He flinched and jumped back, making me knit my brows in confusion.

Just when I was about to speak, he pinched my cheek as well, "You look like a squirrel or something," I stomped and pouted, swallowing the food. I took a sip of my (Favourite Flavour) milkshake, but again when I was about to speak, he interrupted, "it's cute."

I was stunned, frozen in place. My cheeks blazed like the scorching sun, it felt like you could roast marshmallows on my cheeks.

I shook my head frantically, and turned away. The smile he flashed me was too much, he was too much.

And that's when it hit me. I remembered the first time I met Daiki, how much I despised him trying to get closer to me, how much I disliked him. But, from that to where we are now. I find it amazing.

So this is what love truly feels like...you build up in time, despite what experiences you've had in the past.

"Hey." I looked up, snapping out of my daze.

"Race you home!" Daiki shouted before running away at the speed of light away from me. His laughter trailing behind him in a teasing like tone.

"Wait! Daiki! Why all of a sudden?!" I shouted as I chased after the tanned male.

Somehow, I found myself cuddled up against a sleeping basketball monster.

How did I even-

Daiki snored loudly in my ear, making me cringe.

So loud...

I remembered once I got home, I was picked up like a sack of potatoes and thrown onto his bed. Soon afterwards having him throw himself onto me, falling asleep.

Geez...he has itis...what a pig.

I pressed my lips onto his forehead and ran my hand through his soft and short dark-blue hair.

"I love you, Daiki."

I smiled as I caressed his cheek.

"I...love you, too...(First Name)." He mumbled in his sleep. I blushed at his subtly-unconscious speaking.

He's adorable...even if he's a pig.