Eighteen Strings

Why am I even playing...?

I watched as all of my classmates were separated into two teams. They all decided to play "Hide 'n' seek". Half of the players were seekers, and the other half were hiders. Though, I thought there was suppose to one seeker, but I guess they want everyone to her a chance without getting bored. After all, the teams were switching.

I was a seeker.

He was a hider.

We gave the other team a whole minute to hide around the cottage, just because there were so many of us. I closed my eyes and quietly counted quietly with my team.

Why must we play every game...at night?

"Ready or not! Here we come!" Many of us shouted in unison, starting to run to find the others. I took my hands off the wall and opened my eyes, turning around to see my classmate from yesterday.

"U-Um...(L-Last Name)-ch-chan, w-wanna seek togeth-together?" He stuttered, the beet red colour on his cheeks were obvious. I nodded solemnly, following him.

We both went up the stairs together, remembering exactly what Aomine said yesterday night. I couldn't help, but to smile a bit at the ground.

After pulling away, Aomine looked at me in shock.

"That's for...everything you said and done for me...thank you."

I flashed a quick smile before pushing him out the door. He stopped the door with his foot before I could close it. It seemed like he wanted to say something, but couldn't because he was still surprised.

"Momoi will come up in a bit, don't tell her."

(Random Guy's Name) came to a full stop, which I didn't notice. Making me bump into his back, "S-Sorry." I apologized, taking a step back. He shook his head and smiled, "No, it's okay." I flashed an innocent smile back.

He gestured for me to follow him into a room where we both saw someone's foot sticking out from underneath the bed. We both gave the same stoically, blank face as he walked over and grabbed it, making whoever jolt and hit their head.

"Gotcha'." He said before walking out, which I kept following. I didn't say anything the whole time while following him around. Nor did I spot anyone.

I felt a very strong presence watching me, from behind with a slight menacing glare. I quickly snapped my head back to see, seeing no one. I slowly turned back around, still looking to where I felt like I was being watched.

What the...heck?

"Hm? Something wrong, (Last Name)-chan?" (Random Guy's Name) turned around, giving me a curious look. I didn't bother looking his way, still looking back. "No..." I said slowly.

It was time for the hiders now to be seekers; the seekers now to be hiders.

I hid in the dresser, but of course I was scared.

Though, the clothes were in my face.

But, being scared of what's in the dark still lived inside of me. It was a guilty truth of mine. Kind of foolish, isn't it?

There was only a slim crack of the dresser that had light gleaming through. That saved me from my fear of the hiding. Whatever was hiding in the dark. A light can only hold up for so long, it will eventually wear out.

I then heard thunder. The loud crash and bang made me shudder, as I saw the light in the room glitch out into pure darkness.

I gasped and frantically averted my eyes, being scared of the dark...wasn't easy.

Feeling the same feeling of that day of which something was in the dark, got to me. Making me feel unsafe; uncomfortable; unable to speak.

I hugged my knees to my chest, burying my face into my knees. I felt a burning sensation in my eyes, about to cry.

Why am I so...weak?

I feel powerless...

I heard another loud sound of thunder, making my eyes shoot open as I pushed open the dresser doors, ready to feel the ground impact on my body.

But...instead, I met something far better. Whiffing in the same scent that kept me safe; comfortable; able to say, "Aomine..." My voice cracked.

Which I met the safe arms he kept me in all these times of comfort.

"Found ya," I hugged him even tighter, wrapping my legs around his waist, "Y-Yeah...you did." I couldn't feel any happier to express what I was feeling then and there.

He turned the flashlight he was holding on and held me with one arm, still being able to hold me, "The game was cancelled because of the power outage, everyone was told to come out of their hiding place, but I guess you didn't hear. I suspected you to be in this place because I heard your crying."

Hold me longer...don't let me go...let's stay like this for a bit longer...

"The light can become the dark...the brave, can become the terrified...a child, can be a victim...the powerful, can be the powerless," I paused to take a breath, also sniffling in the process. "the hunter, can be the-"

"Hunted." He finished, bringing me over to the closest bed that was near.

He shifted my body, so that he could lay me down. After putting me into the bed, he grabbed the sheets and tucked me in, about to leave. I grabbed the back of his shirt again, making a slight disappointed frown.

"D-Don't leave..."

"I'm gonna tell everyone I-"

"Stay..." I whispered, myself feeling really powerless.

He sighed and sat on the side of my bed, "You're really a hassle..."

But that's why you stay to take care of me...right?

"C-Can I-I...ask you a favour...?"

He hummed.

"S-Sleep with me...?"

As awkward as it was, it was dark, I was scared.

He was taken aback for a moment. Then pulling the sheets and climbing in. He pulled me closer to him, against his chest. I looked up at him, wondering, How can a guy that seems so mean...be so...caring?

"Sleep." He grumbled, pushing my face into his chest. I grabbed a part of his shirt and leaned forward.

I think all I need to open up...was a little love. And you gave me plenty. More than I asked for...

Thank you.