Eight Strings

Why do I feel so nervous?

My eye twitched as I watched Aomine's basketball team do nothing except yell at each other. Their captain watched as so did their vice-captain. Their captain had a sly grin on his face while the vice-captain sighed and face-palmed.

Why am I even here...?

I couldn't feel more annoyed just staring at them.

"Go drag Daiki to his practice, okay? He usually skips so make sure he goes! After all, it's the only club he's actually good at and did enjoy~" Mrs.Aomine winked, snapping her finger while at it. I tilted my head. Is that so hard?

I now knew what Mrs.Aomine meant.

"Oh~ Aren't you the girl that Aomine brought in?" I heard a voice call. His voice sounded sly, like a person who messes with your mind. I turned to my right to see Aomine's captain walk over.

"Is this...normal?" I asked, pointing a finger towards the blonde and dark-blue haired males fighting with each other. He chuckled deeply, shaking his head as he pushed up his glasses, "Yes, it is."

I slightly raised my chin, making a disappointed "o" with my mouth.

So why don't you do anything about it?

"Wh-"

"You're going to ask, "Why don't you do anything about it?", right?" I didn't flinch or get shocked about how he knew what I was going to ask.

After all, this man looked like he knew what he was doing.

"Oi, (Last Name)!" Aomine shouted while pushing the male blonde's face away. Also having his face pushed, "Don't listen to that evil glasses guy!" Aomine then went back to bothering the blonde male.

"Geh! That's mean, Aomine!" Their captain suddenly shouted.

Or so I thought I knew that he knew what he was doing...

I awkwardly put on a blank face, glancing out of the corner of my eye at the "evil glasses guy".

"Anyways, I'm Imayoshi Shōichi. Tōō's captain." He extended an arm towards me, which I stared down at it. A few seconds passed while I kept staring. He then took it back and let out a breathy laugh.

"You don't shake hands? I'm hurt," I didn't do anything else except allow a blank stare from myself talk for me, "that's okay." He laughed again, turning away from me. I kept staring at his behaviour, surely this guy could give someone the chills.

I looked back at Aomine, surrounded by - from what I assume - his friends.

"Dai-chan! What are you doing here~?!" The Pinkette from before came running, all cheery. She seemed shocked at the same time that her boyfriend was at practice.

I didn't know them. I don't know their life. I don't know their history.

Somehow-

My thoughts were instantly cutoff when the blonde male and Aomine came running towards me. The blonde male stuck his face towards mine, making me take a step back.

"Who do you like better?!" He shouted in my face, making my face scrunch up to the noise he was making. I stared at him with a scowl on my face.

"SUMIMASEN! SUMIMASEN!" I heard a boy shout, bowing constantly. I tilted my head, confused at his apology. "Sorry for wha-"

"SORRY FOR APOLOGIZING! SORRY! I'M SO SORRY!" I flinched at his apologies. Why are you apologizing so much? You didn't do anythi-

"So, who?!" I looked at Aomine while he mouthed, "me". I cocked a brow at the both of them, just because your mom made me hug you, doesn't mean I forgive you. You still deserve payback.

"I like you better." I lied, giving a fake smile to the blonde. The blonde fist pumped into the air while Aomine gave a jaw drop. The blonde grabbed my hands with a grin, "I'm Wakamatsu!" He shouted once more, which I annoyingly gave another scowl.

What a loud guy...