Nine Strings

"WHAT THE HELL, (LAST NAME). YOU STAY AT MY HOUSE AND YOU-" I face-palmed and sighed, What an idiot. I glanced up and shot a glare at him, he seemed taken aback.

"Wh-WHAT THE HELL, AOMINE. YOU HAVE HER STAYING AT YOUR HOUSE. IS SHE YOUR GIRLFRIEND OR SOMETHING?" Wakamatsu shouted.

"Can you stop shouting...?" I asked, backing away. I slowly backed out the door, allowing the basketball team argue with each other. I sighed as I got out the door, managing to escape from a fight as if it were prison.

What a rowdy team...especially Wakamatsu and Aomine...

I glanced up at the sky, observing the clouds above.

It was now studying hours, every chance I got. I avoided Aomine and his teammates, just so I could avoid the topic that caused every one of them to go up in Aomine's face.

I caught a quick glimpse of Aomine, which I quickly hid around the corner, not wanting to be seen.

That could've been bad...

It was late in the evening, after organizing what clubs get how much money.

Being Student Body President isn't easy...it's frustrating...

I grabbed a large lock of hair above my scalp, sighing heavily. I packed my things, ready to head home. Then, I heard a noise.

That's funny...I'm pretty sure I'm suppose to be the only one here...all the teachers left.

It wasn't just any noise, it was a footstep and something that clicked.

I glanced towards the area I heard the noise, not seeing anything except the sun's rays fading from an orange-red colour to dark blue like Aomine's hair.

After packing all my things, I slung my bag over my shoulder and slid open the door, closing the door behind me. I looked down the dark hallway.

I'm not alone...

I'm not afraid of the dark.

I'm afraid of what's in it.

After all, we can simply forgive a child who's scared of the dark. But, how can we forgive a man if they're scared of the light? It's not as acceptable. I still think of people as monsters.

I walked upright normally, opening my phone, the light shining on my face. I turned on the flashlight and directed it towards in front of me. I sighed and showed no sign of fear.

I headed down the hall, hearing something drop behind me. Far behind me. I turned around with the flashlight, looking back.

"Who's there?" I spoke sternly, though it cracked a high pitch a bit due to me being a nervous wreck. No one answered, making me turn my heels around and walk faster.

I sped-walked out of the school, feeling like someone was either watching me or following me. Or both.

What the- why are you following me? It's making me so frantic, I don't like it. Someone help me...

I ran to the train station to get to Aomine's house, just to go to the nearest place with people; not many, but at least enough for me to feel somewhat safe. Though, it felt like someone was still there, watching me.

I frantically looked around, my breath ragged from running.

Damn it...stop, (First Name)...I-I can't show this side of me...I'm not going to show that I'm insecure and really scared.

I kept looking around, snapping my head in every direction. Eventually my gasps for air became hyperventilation. Which caused my chest to tighten as tears rolled down my cheeks. I felt like breaking down, like a monster was coming to eat me.

I felt someone touch my shoulder, making me gasps loudly and whip my head around to see who.

"Hey, you didn't come home so I came- Why are your eyes so red?" Surprisingly, Aomine came and looked for me. He touched my cheek with his thumb and wiped the tears on my cheek. My breathing went back to ragged and slowly calmed down.

"A-Aomine..." My face felt like it was scorching, I instinctively pushed myself against him, my arms snaking real fast around his waist as I started crying even more against his chest.

Making me feel safe.

Never have I ever felt this safe by someone...

The feeling of someone following me disappeared.

Aomine awkwardly put his hand on my head, rubbing my back.

"H-Hey, it's going to be okay." I nodded; screwing my eyes closed as my muffled cries became louder.

Please help me...

Aomine let out a long sigh resting his chin on my head.

Aomine...