Thirteen Strings

A week later, I finally fully met Aomine's friends; Susa Yoshinori, Sakurai Ryō, Momoi Satsuki - I've already met Wakamatsu Kōsuke and Imayoshi Shōichi.

They asked me a few questions:

Why are you staying at Aomine-san/Dai-chan/Aomine's house?

Personal reasons.

What are you to Aomine?

I don't...exactly know.

What did you do to Aomine? He's coming to practice.

I don't know...he's the one who did something to me.

I was followed around by his childhood friend Momoi Satsuki. I didn't question why, but it was honestly creepy.

"Hey, do you think you can come to Dai-chan's practice today to just watch him? And make sure he's practicing? It's been a while since I've seen him actually practice." She smiled, looking down at the floor.

It must've been a while then...what exactly is your backstory, Aomine?

I nodded quietly, appreciating her expression and thinking state at the moment.

I watched Aomine as he ran across the gym, basketball in hand. Avoiding all those who dared to come up to him.

He scored a basket by just throwing it, surprisingly, it was the famous "Formless Shot". Maybe I have been starting to read the basketball magazines. Just to learn a bit more about Aomine's fame.

Once he shot it, he looked over at me with a smirk - as if he was trying to impress me. I rolled my eyes and looked away, standing next to Momoi.

"He really is enjoying himself..." Momoi muttered happily, smiling at her childhood friend as he was more energetic. "What do you mean, Momoi?" I asked, raising a brow.

"Usually he'd skip practice and sleep on the rooftop, reading his perverted magazines,"

Ah...I know that part. I shivered in disgust.

"you see, Dai-chan use to enjoy basketball, he use to have a lot of fun,"

So...

"but then, he became overwhelming in power and strength that no one wanted to even play against him anymore. They gave up." I stared at Momoi and then glanced off at Aomine, He's having fun now...is that because of...me?

It couldn't be, I'm not anything. I'm a nobody.

After practice, I helped clean up.

I walked into the storage room, currently pushing the whole cart of basketballs. I pushed open the door, quickly noticing that it closed by itself. I sighed and leaned my back against it, attempting to push it in myself. Once I did, I pushed the cart in the far corner, making more room.

I went to open the door, but then it clicked. Which from telling me, it was locked. I furrowed my brows and jerked it, making it unable to open. I banged on the door with a closed fist and called out, "Is anybody there?" I said calmly, even though I shouldn't.

The door opened, revealing Aomine holding a bunch of basketballs. Some stacked and held under his chin, one in each hand and some in his arms, "Hey, you forgot these."

"You were the one who continued to play."

He sighed, "Just help me," I grabbed a few in my arms and walked over to the cart, "Hey, don't let go of the-"

The door clicked.

He looked back, "did you need that open?"

I rolled my eyes and dropped the basketballs in, "We're locked in, you idiot." I huffed in a monotone voice, replacing my furrowed brows with a blank expression.

He flinched and ran to the doors, trying to yank it open, "Oh, shit." He muttered under his breath. I wondered how this idiot didn't know that the door closed and locked by itself.

"Do you have your phone on you?" He asked as I nodded, checking my back pocket. I pulled out my phone and looked up at Aomine, "Do you know Momoi's number?" He nodded and started to say her number.

How does an idiot like him remember a phone number...maybe he isn't as much as an idiot than I thought...

I watched as he pulled on the door, pushing off the wall; failing as he slipped on a ball and fell.

I change my mind. Never mind, I was wrong.

He walked towards me after falling and leaned forward, wondering if there was an answer. I shook my head, disappointingly placing my phone back in my pocket.

I looked up at him, watching as his eyes bore into mine. I could see the flame in his eyes, burning.

I averted my gaze elsewhere,  The storage room is pretty full of sports things-

I glanced up to see his eyes closed; lips parted.

Don't tell me-

I didn't know how to react, it's as if he was going in for a kiss-

Once his face came close to mine, I instantly placed my hand over his mouth. He opened his eyes, they were narrow. While my eyes, widened in surprise.

"I-I...I'm s-sorry...I-I-"

He pulled away, taking a deep breath as he looked elsewhere, avoiding the look I was giving him.

"I...can't..."

The door was then opened, revealing Momoi standing, "There you two are! I was looking for you two-" I ran out before she could finish, leaving my things.

I felt a tear roll down my cheek.

I can't...

All I wanted to do was run home.

It's all too sudden.

Run to my actual home.

I'm sorry...