Chapter 4

Song: Glass Animals- Goey (Gilligan Moss Remix)

*

*

*

I hung the large targets on the wall on the far side of my room and walked over to the opposite. I need to practice just so that I know I haven't lost my sparkle. I picked up my crossbow and loaded it with a bolt. I held my breath and quickly shot. I quickly pulled out another bolt from the crossbows quiver. I somersaulted forward and landed on my knees and quickly shot at the target. I jumped up on my feet and ran to the spot where I first began and shot at the same time. I repeated this procedure, slowly picking up speed for each run through. I heard the door open and my eyes widened, I quickly threw the crossbow under the bed and threw myself on the ground. I propped up my elbow and rested my head on my palm as my other hand rested on my hip.

My lips tightened into a straight line at my stupidity. Out of all the things I could've done, I chose to lay on the floor like a french girl. I wanted to punch myself in the face. It was Allison. I sighed in relief as she laughed once she spotted me and she closed my door. "What are you doing on the floor?"
I sit up and reach under my bed, pulling out my crossbow. "I thought it was your parents or Gerard." Gerard is staying with us and he's just down the hall. "I can't have them knowing about my baby Bonnie." I brought up my crossbow and kissed it.

"You named your crossbow?" Allison asked as her eyebrows raised and amusement sparkled in her eyes.

"Yep," I popped the 'p'. "After Bonnie and Clyde." She laughed and a goofy smile came across my face as I got up and walked over to the targets. I brought up a bolt. "This is Clyde."

"You're really good." Allison looked at the bolts on the target. There were several bolts crowding the bullseye. I smirked and started to take them out.

"Takes lot's and lot's of practice," I pulled out the last bolt and turned to her. "You've taken archery right?" She nodded. "It's going to be extremely easy for you to take down your targets then." I smile wickedly and opened up my luggage and hid my bolts and crossbow. My phone rang and I checked the caller ID.

Birth Giver

I answered it and pressed the phone to my ear. "Hey mom." Allison stood up and mouthed 'I'll go', she left my room and closed the door behind her.

"Hi sweetie." She answered cheerfully. Mom was always happy, a very rare thing for her to be mad. But when she's mad, she's like the devil himself. "How was your first day of school? I couldn't call yesterday because I was busy."

I started to take down the target's. "It was good."

"Oh, I miss you my little munchkin." She squealed and I groaned in annoyance as I hid the targets in my closet.

"Mom, I told you to not call me that!" I know I'm just wasting my breath telling her that because she's never going to stop but it's worth the try.

"We both know I won't stop." She laughed, her laughter soon died down. "You didn't take any weapons with you, right?" I bit my lip.

"Just a dagger." I answered simply as I sat on my bed and laid down.

"Just a dagger?"

I know she would catch me in the lie so I might as well come clean. "A few daggers, my crossbow and the knuckle knife." I muttered and surprised she didn't burst. She simply sighed.

"Good, I know how many supernatural creatures there are in Beacon Hills," She paused. "Just don't go hunting, you only use those weapons when they attack you, got it?"