Chapter 1

Song: Ben Howard- The Wolves

*

*

*

Chris grabbed my bags and pushed open the front door to their house. My eyes widened as I looked around the house. It was big and extremely neat. Victoria must take a life time to clean this house. This is extremely different from the small apartment in New York.  A smile broke onto my face. "Thanks for taking me in, Chris." I looked at him as he set my bags down in the living room. My parents were off on a family "business" trip. They actually just went across the country to kill some supernatural creatures, I don't know why they bother to cover it up. They should know that I know what's going on. They started to train me once I hit age 10. I know how to shoot an arrow, I can throw daggers, hell I can easily kill someone with just my bare hands. But it took lots of sweat to be able to do that. The Mal family is extremely close with the Argent family. I used to be extremely close with their daughter Allison, I moved to New York and we attempted to keep talking but it was hard. We both had to keep on with our lives. We talk occasionally, but not as much. I've been told that she hasn't hunted and isn't as trained as I am. 

"It's no problem, you're like a niece to me." He smiled as he squeezed my shoulder. Chris is best friends with my dad. They're basically brothers. Which basically means he's like my uncle. 

"My parents gave me this letter." I pull out an envelope. "They're basically just apologizing for not being able to make it to Kate's funeral.. Sorry for your loss." I say and look down to my feet. I find it a bit awkward to bring up a dead person but her funeral is tomorrow and I am attending. I remember Kate, she was nice and full of energy. I remember she watched me train along with Chris. She said that I would make a perfect hunter. I looked up at Chris, before he can say anything another voice beat him. Chris quickly took the envelope from my hands and dug it into his back pocket.

"Azalea!" A shrill voice came from the side. I turned my head and Victoria came to view. She hasn't changed at all. I have to admit the lady used to scare the crap out of me when I was younger. Her arms were outstretched as she approached me, quickly wrapping her arms around me. She engulfed me in a tight hug and I hugged her back with the same strength. I winced slightly as she touched the injury I had on my torso. She pulled away a few seconds later and her eyes skimmed my body. "You changed so much!" Well duh, you haven't seen more in six years, what do you expect? That I would shrink? Instead of actually saying that I forced a smile onto my face. "Come, let's get you to Allison." She turned around and quickly walked up stairs and I followed behind her. I noticed a black dress in a clear plastic bag. Must be her's or Allison's.She opened a door and I heard Allison.

"If you don't trust me enough to let me have a lock on my door, the least you can do is knock." She muttered. I stopped out in front. I didn't just want to walk in, that would be so rude of me. But her mom wants me to come.

"Did I interrupt something?" Victoria asked.

"Just my studying. My life, my -happiness- will to live." Allison responded. My eyes widened as I slowly started to back away from the door. Yeah, I shouldn't be listening into this, it's none of my business. Victoria soon started to walk around her room, as if searching for something. What in the hell?

"I picked up your dress for the funeral tomorrow." 

"You can just put it on my desk. Can I go back to studying now? Or would you like to do a full body cavity search?" Allison asked. Pure annoyance basically dripped from her words. Victoria walked towards the window and opened it up. "Mom. Mom!" She stuck her head out of the window and looked around. Victoria slowly turned around and looked at Allison, her eyebrows raised.