Lola Levine

- hey! this chapter is focused mostly on Lola because it's her wedding, but don't worry, the plot hasn't changed!! ❤️-

It was finally Lola's big day. We were all at some exotic place which I forgot the name of. Lola was already sorted, her hair and makeup was done. I sat in my chair while someone did my hair for me. Nadia was pacing around the room because she was nervous, she had to make a kickass speech for Lola, and she hated public speaking.

There was no use because the wedding ceremony was going to start soon.

-the wedding started-

Nadia and I stood in front of Lola and walked down the aisle before her, then she walked in after us. The crowd gasped and Adam looked at her in shock. She smiled and walked down, until she reached the end, and Nadia gave her away. The priest did his long speech, and then it was time for Adam to kiss his bride. Many photos were being taken, it was such a beautiful wedding.

After all the I do's, it was time for me to make my speech, I took a deep breath and I started.

"Hi everyone - before I get into anything, I'd just like to introduce myself. I'm Chanel Dyrdek, and I'm Lola's best friend. We have known each other for a year now, and we met through Ridiculousness, when we had an epic fight.." I said and laughed, remembering the fight we had, and she laughed with me.

"Lola is the kind of person who you can't be sad around, she cannot stand it, and will always get you smiling in the end. I know very well that she was once a history teacher, and she was very passionate about her job, she's passionate about everything she does. That's what I love about her!" I said, looking and Lola and smiling at her.

"Lola and Adam were already engaged when I met her, but I know that he is the one - I know Adam will protect my best friend, even if he is on the other side of the globe! Lola has so much love for Adam, I can see it, if you want to test it, after Nadia's speech say Adam to her face, you can see her eyes widen, I'm being legit!" I said and the audience laughed.

I cleared my throat then continued.

"Adam, this is not a message, but rather a warning.. If you ever walk into the kitchen at 12 at midnight, I'm certain you will find Lola jamming either blasting the music or through headphones, so be prepared, maybe dance with her once in a while.. She's kind of fun, I guess, and treat my best friend right.. She's so special and if you hurt her, I will personally come kill you." I laughed.

"Anyway, I'm not going to go on and on because Nadia still has to speak, so all I'm going to say is, I love you both, Congratulations!" I said, then hugged Lola.

I sat down next to her and we listened to Nadia's speech.

"Thank you for that lovely speech, Chanel!" She said smiling, then she cleared her throat and started.

"I'm sure everyone here knows that I am Lola's baby sister, Nadia." She said, then began tearing up.

"I'm sorry.." She said, then continued.

"It's very overwhelming, I mean, giving away your sister, the person who raised you.." She said and started crying even more.

She pulled herself together then carried on.

"When Lola first told me - note that I was told, not asked! - that I was making a speech, I thought it was her way of getting back at me for anything I had ever done to her while growing up. Lately I realised that it is actually an honour to be asked to address you. Look to your left. Look to your right. You guys are the people Lola and Adam love the most. They've invited you because this day would not be the same without you. And you have made them a priority in your lives by celebrating with them. You have honoured them with your presence and made their day so special and unforgettable. On behalf of my family, I would like to thank you all for coming. As sister of the bride, I have a unique view of Lola. She was the best big sister. She was a happy, precocious person... whose middle name was mischief. I remember her ability to get into all sorts of trouble and then proclaim quite indignantly that it was not her! One of my favourite memories of her childhood was her grinning while dancing on top of our family's picnic table in a pile of snow, that's when our mom was still alive. Flash forward to a charming pre-teen in braces who got permission to look after me after our stepmom died. She consistently slept late but was willing to go along with my crazy sleeping-out-on-the-balcony schemes. Then as I got older, we shared a room for a few months while we stayed in Toronto. She had learned that big-sister trick of appropriating and wearing things that were not hers. And, every single night before we went to sleep I was subjected to the same boy-band song... something about the end of the road. I really wished it was the end of the road ...Lola, I still have nightmares! When Lola started dating she was about 18 years old. She was young, fun, pretty and headstrong... a deadly combination. Every guy wanted to date her...and were willing to pull crazy tricks to spend time with her. There was one guy who climbed up our garage to the roof to get to her window... oh wait - that was Adam.  There was also a boyfriend our pitbull named Beefcake chased down the street while the guy was barefoot ...wait - that was Adam too. To say that trouble began when Lola started dating Adam is an understatement... but it will make great stories for them to tell their grandkids! Lola has grown into a beautiful woman. I am no longer her little sister, but a graceful, smart, generous, caring equal. It is an honour to know the person she has become. She has a heart the size of Toronto and an innate sense of good that she is willing to stand behind. She is a great friend as you know - loyal, patient and generous. And she loves a challenge... and this is where Adam comes in. Adam, you are one lucky guy! Lola you look stunning......and Adam...Well you look stunned! So Adam, here's some advice for the future: She is always right, she always needs some new clothes, she never looks fat in anything, if she's right say so, and if she isn't -say nothing! So here we are...their wedding. They have made it....a DOZEN years together and stronger every day. High school sweethearts who have defied the odds. Leave it to them to be defiant in the face of anything! Today is a celebration of not only where they are now, but the road that has brought them here. They have built a beautiful life together. I think you all will join me in this wish: Lola, Adam. May you live forever in love, and may love live forever in you." She fantastically said. The guests applauded and Lola walked up to her with tears in her eyes and gave her a hug.

"I can't begin to explain how amazing that speech was. Nadia I love you more than anything! You are the best little sister and I could've have asked anyone to make such a good speech. Thank you for pushing over your public speaking fear to make this speech. It was beyond fantastic..." Lola said, wiping her tears.

"But without further adieu, the part of our wedding that is probably going to make me kill myself.." She said, and the music started playing. The first song they ever listened to together..

I held Robs hand tightly, then he led me outside while they danced and we sat by the fountain.

"Chanel.." He said, holding my chin and looking into my eyes.

"Yeah?" I said.

"I miss you so much baby.. We're drifting, I don't want that to happen.. We need to do something about this whole situation.. I think it's best we get .." He said, and that's when I felt my heart sink.

"No, Rob please don't say it.." I said, covering his mouth with my small hand.

Tears started rolling down my eyes as I thought about what he was going to say next. He wanted a divorce, I was so sure of it. But I didn't understand, we had gotten so far in our relationship, why did he want it to end. I didn't understand... I didn't understand how he could be so selfish, we had 2 beautiful girls, whose lives were perfect, we couldn't break this.

He removed my hand from his mouth and held my hand tightly.

"Don't say what baby? I was going to say I think it's best we get on a plane, and go somewhere exotic.. Just the two of us!" He said smiling. I looked at him and sighed in relief.

"What did you think I was going to say? Did you think I wanted a divorce?" He asked.

I nodded my head and put my head down in shame.

"I've been so distant from you lately.. I thought you might've wanted this to end.." I said quietly.

"Hey baby, a person who truly loves you will never let you go, no matter how hard the situation is! We will make it work! I promise. Now, where are we going on out romantic getaway?" He asked, wrapping his arm around me.

"I don't care where we go, as long as I am with you!" I said, cuddling in.

"Well then! It's a surprise!" He said.

"Mmh I like surprises! Now.. These lips aren't going to kiss themselves!" I said and laughed. He slowly pressed his lips against mine and pulled me closer. I heard the sound of heels walking not so far away from us. I broke the kiss and looked around.

"Look, Lola's been looking for you!" Rob said, pointing at Lola. I looked at her and then back at Rob.

"Go have fun.. It's your best friends big day you deserve it. Maybe we can have a bit of fun later!" He said. I smiled and kissed him then walked to Lola.

"Mmh, what was that about?" She asked.

"Oh nothing.. Just spending some time together because it's been some time.." I explained.

"Well I'm glad you sorted everything out..." She said.

"I thought you said you'd stop breastfeeding!" I said, noticing that she obviously hasn't.

"Uh.. I can't help it ok! Check how big my boobs have gotten! Natural breast plumper!" She joked.

"I'm stopping I promise!" She said.

"Yeah you better stop! Your boobs are unbelievably huge!" I protested.

"I'm Portuguese! I've always had small boobs! Let me have my shine you shit!" She said.

"Don't say I didn't warn you!" I said, then walked back into the building.

-------------------------------------------------------