The notepad

Sitting in my dressing room, I remember all the insults that my past role model had thrown at me, and how Rob couldn't have been bothered. I sat there staring at my reflection when I heard a light knock on the door.

"Who's there?" I asked dryly.

"It's me, Nadia.." She said.

I slowly stood up and walked to the door and opened it. Nadia stood there smiling at me.

"Hi!" She said cheerfully. I opened the door wider and let her in, and then we sat on the couch.

"Look, I'm sorry about how Lola was acting.. But you can't blame her.." She said.

"What do you mean? Why would she have a reason for insulting me like that? And why would that reason even convince me?" I asked.

Nadia took a deep breath in.

"You can't tell anyone this.." She said, extending her pinky, and I pinky promised.

"Well, my sister is bipolar," she said.

"That's not convincing enough.." I said.

"I'm not finished.. When she was 25, she found a man who she loved with all her heart. I didn't like him, and I warned her from day one to stay away from him because he seemed edgy to me. I knew he was abusive. Whenever Lo would leave me with him, he would always hurt me, and threaten to kill me if I told on him. I had to keep my mouth shut for 4 years after that. During those 4 years, he and Lola tried for a baby. She found out she was pregnant with a girl, she was 4 weeks pregnant with a girl that she was going to name Giada. During her 5th week, she got her period. She told me, and she knew something was wrong so I went to the doctor with her, and she had lost the baby. She was terrified to tell her boyfriend. That night, she told him. I was in the room when she told him. When she told him, he slapped her across the face, causing her to fall on the ground. I screamed her name. He then kicked her multiple times in her side, causing her to break 2 ribs. He called her a stupid bitch for 'killing his daughter'. She laid on the floor weeping and he left for the night. It was terrifying. I was only 13 when this happened. She couldn't move. She kept telling me that it hurt to breathe so I phoned 911. 2 years after the incident, he asked if they could try for another baby, she refused. He angrily twisted both her arms, fracturing them so she was unable to defend herself. He raped her and beat her up to a point where I didn't even recognize her. After the incident, he got arrested, and Lola was admitted to hospital. After she recovered, we moved here from Portugal. She's had regular panic attacks and maniac attacks ever since. I really don't think she meant any harm. Normal Lola wouldn't hurt a fly.. I just wanted you to know that she didn't mean anything and I hope this story was convincing enough for you to forgive her.." Nadia explained.

I wiped my eyes dry and I quickly hugged Nadia.

"That's terrible, I had no idea.." I said

She nodded her head and wiped her tears away. She'd gone through so much and she's only 18..

"I think I should apologize to her.." I said, and I stood up and went to the guest dressing room.

I opened the door and I saw her staring at her reflection, writing something on a notepad.

She didn't notice me standing there. I listened carefully and I heard her whispering to herself.