16

Charlotte

Ok, maybe I over exaggerated that the flight would be 9 hours long. It's actually only 5, good to know.
So these past few hours I've spent next to a whiny 12 year old girl who keeps asking-
Are we there yet
Are we there yet
Are we there yet
I'm next to her thinking-
Shut up
Shut up
Shut up
Luckily I never blurted those two words.

The plain landed after three long and agonizing hours. We grabbed our luggage and went outside where we saw cars of yellow all over, also known as taxis.
There weren't that many in AZ, but in NYC there's one everywhere you look.
Vexon hailed one and we all piled in, telling the driver our backstory but leaving out keen details we told him the adress of the apartment.
"Welcome home" Vexon said motioning to the fancy apartment.
"Wow! It looks even better in person" I exclaimed as I ren my fingers along the leather seats.
"I'm going to put my bags in my room and unpack" Lacy said heading to the opposite side of the "house". Our "house".
"Do you really like it?" Vexon asks wrapping his arms around my waist and leaning his head on my shoulder.
"I love it" I reply giving his strong arms a squeeze.

The next few days past by and Lacy was up and going to school every week for five days.
I remember 7th grade it was horrible. So many kids looked at me with pity and sorrow. That was the year my mom died.

Vexon

Tomorrow is Charlotte's birthday and I'm planning something very romantic for her.
We're going on a one night boat trip and I've planned on Lacy going to her new friend's house.

Charlotte

"Hey, babe?" I asked Vexon as I saw him eating in the kitchen.
"Ya" he asked cheekily through a mouthful of food.
I chuckle at his childish acts "I'm going job hunting" I say grabbing the keys to the car that just arrived.
"Why?"*swallow*"we have all the money we will ever need" he says putting the plate in the sink.
"I know but I like to work for my money. Life isn't just about money, you know?" I say.
He walks over to and puts a chaste kiss on my lips "I know it's all about the love"
My heart swells at his romantic words.
"I love you" he whispers.
"Ewwww! Char and Vex are being all lovey!" Lacy says making a disgusted face.
"I hope she says that forever. I don't want to have to scare off any boys" he says playfully scowling.
"To bad bucko. And I love you too. Bye" I kissed his cheek and I was off to the bakery around the corner, City Sweets. Made that up

As I made my way down there I stopped at a red light as I turned my head I saw the driver.
His pitch black hair and bright blue eyes makes me think of Vexon.

"I'll get a maid to watch over her. Our parents aren't here" He whisper the last part in my ear so Lacy doesn't hear it and I gasp.
"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to- I mean I'm sorry- I wasn't trying to-" He stops me by placing a hand over my mouth.
"Stop talking, it's alright, they've been gone for a while. They aren't dead, I don't think, they just disappeared and left us with a whole bunch of cash"

The memory floods my mind as the middle age man looks at me. His eyes trail over the car and his eyes grow wide.
Remembering that this is the only car Vexon's father left behind for him, a 1962 Ford pickup which would be an eyesore in New York (I had to go through an hour long story for the back story of this pickup), I gasp to at the sudden realization that that was Vexon's father.
When the light turns green I cross over into his lane and follow him to wherever he's going.
I follow him to the outskirts of New York to where there is actually grass and beautiful land and scenery.
He pulls off to the side of the road as do I and gets out.
"Where did you get that truck?" He asks with anger.
"Your son" I say straightening my back as I got out of the vehicle.
He looked taken aback after i said this and he stalked towards me.
"How do you know my son?" He asked slowly and menacingly as his smoky breath filled my lungs.
"He's my boyfriend" I say proudly.
"I don't believe you" he spat.
"Then i guess I don't know that his full name is Vexon John Helix. How do I know that you left him 7 years ago to take care of his 5 year old sister, Lacy. How do I know all the pain he's been through because you and your wife left him for some god unspoken words that need to be said!" I shouted
"Well someone is feisty" he mocks me making a funny face.
"Ya well I wouldn't be if you would go to him and maybe explain why you left our go make a good relationship with him!" I tell him still outraged.
"No! I left because I was being hunted and chased by the largest gang in the world" he paused for a breath then continued "I left with Diana, my wife, because I didn't want to put him in harms way. I left to keep him safe. I could never go back because I faked my death and had my mother put it in the newspaper saying it was suicide. I was hoping that I could reunite with him one day, but you have to understand. I COULD NOT GO BACK"
"Then you get Diana and I'll tell you the adress to our apartment so you can see your children. Come over for dinner" I offer.

Well? What do you think?
Love ya