15

Charlotte

Day 23:

The flight came closer and closer as today was our final day in Arizona. The last two weeks have been ok-ish as we packed and packed the memories away.
We won't forget them of course as we will be putting them up in our apartment in New York.
Vexon was able to find an apartment in the good part of town though I do not believe there is any good place in New York, to be honest I don't know why I wanted to go there.
Probably to get the farthest away from them as possible without leaving the country.
The apartment consisted of two bedrooms and two bathrooms. We looked at the pictures and I noticed it was decorated plainly yet I found it fancy in a sort of way.
White walls, a couple blue or purple flower paintings, brown leather furniture, the bathrooms were decorated fancily as the walls were painted black and the cabinets were a white wood along with a white boarded mirror. The master bedroom, which Vexon and I will be sharing *insert blush here* is painted a candy apple red with a black fourpost king sized bed, black dresser and a black bookshelf with a walk in closet. A tv was set directly in the middle of the wall that the bed faced and the door was to the left, a balcony that over looked the city was on the right side.
The bedroom Lacy would have is on the otherside of the apartment.
The walls were a light blue shade with a white dresser and a white bookshelf. Her bedroom also came with a walk in closet which she was very thankful for.
The other bathroom was across from her room.
The living room consisted of the brown leather couch, a recliner, and a love seat with an electric fireplace above it sat a gigantic TV.
The kitchen was also painted a plain white with black appliances and cupboards. It already came with forks, spoons, knives, etc. So we were good on that stuff.

We are currently at the park licking up the last drops of our half melted ice cream cones on the swings. Barely moving just enough to make the swing creak but not hard enough to be able to fall off without your hands.
"New York will be so much fun. We can go to the Twin Tower Memorial and the Museum they have next to it! Maybe even drive over to Philidelphia and get a Philidelphia cheese steak sandwhich, I heard those are the best-" Lacy rambled on about how much fun we'll have in NYC.
I sat not knowing what will come next, but welcoming the freedom and carefree I will become in less than 24 hours.
"What time do we have to be at the airport?" I ask Vexon who's sitting on the swing next to me.
"5:30 sharp. Well be able to get through security and have breakfast before we get on" he says crunching into the shell of his ice cream cone.
I nod not knowing if he was watching me or not.

As the day came winding down to an end we ended up watching our last movie in the house.
When it was over we all decided to sleep on the couches.

"You can't stay away from me darling" George said with a menacing grin on his face that made me want to puke.
"W-watch m-me" I stuttered as he stepped closer to me, his grip tightening on the kitchen knife.
"Oh sweety, why must you be so stupid. See we've already won" Barbarian says stepping out of the cool dark alleyway.
"She's right and you know it too. Now hand your pretty little self over before we slit his throat" he pointed back at Barbarian as she now held Vexon with a knife to his throat.
"No! I'll go I'll go"I scream at him walking over to the scary man.
"That's a good girl. Barbara" the old man whistled and the sound of skin cutting wrenched through my ears as the love of my life now lay dead at my bare feet, blood pooling around them.
As I screamed out his name for the last time I was gagged and thrown into a black van where I passed out after the drug induced gag flooded my lungs.
"Charlotte!"
"Charlotte!"
I heard my name being called several times before jerking awake.
"What!? What!? I'm alive!" I scream.
"Did you have a nightmare? You were screaming" the soothing voice of my boyfriend travelled through my ears and I nodded not giving any indication that I wanted to tell him.
He got off the recliner and made his way over towards me, lifting me up he placed back down on the couch after he got on.
Once he was there he tangled our legs together and he was back asleep in no time.
I lay awake thinking how my life got to this point.
I started off as an abused teenage girl who thought she killed her own mother because that's what she grew up knowing.
Now I'm a young adult who just got out of a five year coma a month ago now flying to New York to get away from her crazy dad who is threatening me.
My life has been a rollercoaster of emotions throuout it all, but somehow I have gotten through it and I couldn't be more thankful.
I'm just glad I ran into the bad boy...

The End.

No no! I'm just kidding I swear. Ok so a few more chapters and I'm outta here and starting a new book called Her Invisible Masks.
For all you people who like books about the lonely girl who falls in love with a badass... that's your story.
Love ya