9

Vexon

I waited in the uncomfortable plastic chairs at the hospital. The wait was brooding and it's been around 3 hours because she is in surgery, the doctors are trying to remove all the chemicals from her stomach because I found a pill bottle next to her.
I blame myself, for leaving her alone, I should've known that she would try to do this. The question was why? Why would she want to do this? I can't even say the word it's too depressing.
I just can't believe she's in surgery.
"I'm looking for the legal guardian of Mrs. Leti" a nurse says and I stand.
"I'm not her legal guardian, but I'm the closest thing she's got, I'm her boyfriend" I say and I see the look in her eye that tells me she's got bad news.
"Oh ok. Well during surgery her heart stopped and we did everything we could to try and save her" my pulse quickened as tears began brimming my eyes "but we were able to get her back, though she did slip into a coma. We do not know when she will wake up" she says with sympathy and I rub my eyes.
"Can I see her?" I ask as a tear rolls down my cheek.
"Sure sweety, she's room 325" she says and points down the hall.
I run as fast as I can down the hall and when I reach 325 I burst through the doors and let the rest of the tears flow freely down my face.
"God Charlotte, why did you do this? Do you not know how much you mean to me? I went to the fucking store to buy you fucking pads amd I come home yo you on the fucking floor barely breathing cause you tried to commit fucking suicide! There I said it suicide! Why Charlotte? God, why? Don't take her away from me I just found her don't let her stay with you. I don't have the strength to carry on without you!" I scream as more tears run down my face.

Everyday from there on out I came to see her.

Graduation came along and she still hasn't woken up.

College rolled around but I dropped out just to be with her everyday and night.

I barely shower and eat when I'm there, I work out for about 3 hours a day just to keep my mind off it.

I tell her everything that's going on in my life at the moment which isn't much.

Lacy keeps trying to get me to come home because she misses me, well that's what the maid said.

It's been three years since the suicide attempt and I'm wondering.

Should I give up on someone who taught me to love?

Word Count: 461