Jake's family

"hey" jake said as he squeezed Alyssa's hand,she hadn't seen him the entire summer break because they both weren't allowed to but they had talked on the phone every night secretly.Alyssa's parents didn't like Jake and his family,Jake's dad was a drunk he was never home and when he was he used to hit Jake and his mom,Jake was the one who had to provide for his family since his father didn't really care.Jake had a job to which he would go to every day after school work their till 12 pm and then come to school the next day,Alyssa knew how tough it was for him they both understood each other better than anyone else ever could and none could ever ruin what they had."how have you been?" said Jake looking straight into Alyssa's eyes."i've been fine and you?" she spoke not being able to look him in the eye,Jake could tell that she wasn't "fine" that she was anything but fine she was in pain she was hurt she felt lost and she felt alone and Jake knew that."no you aren't Alyssa you don't have to pretend with me you know i love you for you and I'm never leaving" jake said looking her straight in the eye once again."But-" she started saying with tears in her eyes but Jake wouldn't let her finish he put his fingers on her lips and brought her close hugging her tightly.