Chapter 12 Into the wild

Chapter 12

I woke up early Saturday morning to catch Mrs. Williams before she went off to work. I had forgotten to tell her that I would be gone for most of today. I went through my morning routine and headed downstairs. She was in the kitchen drinking coffee.

“Morning.” I said as I entered the kitchen. She just looked at me in response. “I just wanted to let you know that I will be out for most of the day. My friends and I are going to go the Zoo and stuff.”

“You have chores.” She said in between sips of her coffee.

“But I can do them now before I even leave. I all I ever do is go to school and come back to this house.” I vented.

“No. You live in this house and you have to do as I say. You came half way around the world to go to school and that’s all you’re gonna do. You can go now, I don’t care to look at you any more Britiny.”

“Katsumi.” I said under my breath but she still heard me. Her cup knocked on the table when she put it down so she could glare at me. I didn’t understand that woman, she obviously didn’t like me. So  why won’t she mind if I left the hours for a few hours.

When she left for work I got started on all my chores. I finished everything around eleven. I decided that I might as well call everyone and tell them I wouldn’t be able to go on our little trip. So they wouldn’t have to go out of the way to come to my house. I called  Harper first.

“Hello?” Harper answered after a few rings.

“Hey Harper. It’s me, Kat.”

“Oh Hey. You ready for our little venture? Its gonna be great.”

“That’s what I wanted to talk to you about.”

“Yeah?”

“I’m not going to be able to go. Mrs. Williams said that I couldn’t before she went to work.”

“She went to work?”

“Yeah and its not fair that she tells me what to do…”

“No worries Kat. Bye.” With that she hung up.

I didn’t bother to call anyone else after that. I just went up to my room and took a random book and started reading it. The book wasn’t enough to hold my attention so I drifted off to sleep. I hadn’t even gotten into a deep sleep when the repeating sound of a bell went off. The bell was followed by banging. All of it was coming from the front door. I looked through the eye hole in the door, but I couldn’t make out who was there.  I unlocked the door and opened it to find Harper, Robbie and Shane standing there.

“Thank God.” Shane said. “ This is the third house we been to. Someone… told us she knew where you lived.” He shouted back at the car with Tuesday and Jaimee in it. Tuesday did live in the same neighborhood but I never told her which house I was living in.

“But why are you guys here? I told Harper I couldn’t go already.”

“Well. You could still go if you wanted to.” Harper said.

“What?” I wasn’t following where she was getting at. Mrs. Williams had told me that I couldn’t. So that meant that there was no choice in the matter.

“We’re busting ya out.” Robbie cheered as he started to lead me to the car with the help of Harper and Shane.

“I can’t just leave.”

“The lady is gone right?” Shane asked.

“Yeah. So?”

“Then there is nothing stopping you from going but you. We could leave and come back before she even gets off work. Besides all of us have a bet on what your favorite animal is and I plan to win.” He smiled.