Chapter 7 Ryan and Mason

Faelin’s POV

I was going to visit Mason tomorrow because tonight I just want to go home and rest. It has been a long day.

When I pull up to my driveway I see that Ryan’s car was here. I really didn’t need this tonight. I have been in a relationship with Ryan for the passed three years and we were still just boyfriend girlfriend. He wants more.

He wants to already have married me and started to have kids. I don’t want that, at least not now. I have my career to focus on. That’s all we ever talk or fight about since he proposed to me two months ago and I said no.

I took a deep breath before I opened the door and walked in.

Ryan was sitting in the living room waiting for me. Just like any scene in a movie where someone was trying to sneak in the house at nightand they are sitting in the dark waiting. He looked up when I turned on the light.

“What are you doing sitting in the dark Ryan?” I asked him.”

“Waiting for you.” He said not moving from his seat.

“Well what is it that you wanted?” I asked putting my things down and taking off my shoes.

“I want you.” He got up from his seat and walked towards me. I really wasn’t in the mood for this. “I have always wanted you. That’s all I want.”

I turned away from him but he cupped my face with his hands and made me look at him. He looked sad, angry, and tried.

“Faelin, I understand that you have a career and want to make it far. I can respect that, I really can. I can understand that if we had kids how that would affect your career goals. But I can’t understand why you won’t marry me.”

“Ryan. I-I just…”

“You just what?” He yelled at me on the verge of tears. “You don’t love me? Is that it? If that’s it I could understand that.”

“No, I love you, but…” I hated the fact that this hurt him so much. I couldn’t make myself say it. I love you, but I don’t want to marry you. I love you, but I’m not sure if you’re right for me. I love you, but I’m not good enough for you.

“But?” He whispered having calmed himself down.

“I don’t know.” I whispered back. We stood there in silences for a few minutes.

He closed his eyes. “I love you. And I love the passed three years we have spent together. I love everything about you, about us.” He kissed me. “This will be the last time I every ask you this.”

He put his hand in his pocket and started to fish something out. He pulled out a familiar blue box. That blue box almost broke me down to tears. He went down on one knee and took my hand.

“Faelin Marie Klein.” I was full on crying now. “I want so much for us. To be happy with kids and everything. I want to grow old with you and sit on the front porch. Yelling at the neighbor kids to get off our lawn.”We both laughed a little.

“I want it all with you and no one else. I want to wake up beside you for the rest of my days. I want to know if you love me as much as I love you. And the only question I want you to answer. The only question I need you to answer right now is will you marry me?”

I was sobbing so hard I barely him. “Ryan…Ryan…” I tried to calm myself down. “Ryan…I can’t, I can’t marry you. I just can’t.”

“Okay then well that’s that.” He said breathlessly about to burst into tears himself. He pulled his hand away from mine and he headed for the door.