Next Day.

The next morning Sprig and Caleb woke together. She didn't want to leave his warmth and Caleb seemed reluctant too but eventually forced himself out of bed.

Sprig made her way down to the kitchen and was preparing coffee when Caleb came in from his shower.

He wrapped his arms around her. He smelled amazing. So much like her soaps but mixed with his own scent.

"Coffee smells good." He said but he still wasn't letting her go.

"You smell even better." She turned and gave him a peck on the lips.

"I could get used to this. I may have to drink and run Sprig. We're supposed to be putting on the roof today and it's a bug project, I'll call you on my lunch break?" He rubbed her shoulders, taking the mug she had poored for him.

"Sounds like a plan to me. I've got a lot to do at the shop today too. I'll talk to you then."

He leaned in and kissed her forehead, and then he was off, leaving her feeling alone again.

She sat down at the table, coffee and phone in hand. She had missed calls from both Chyanne and Enya.

She sent them both texts knowing both of them were probably asleep.

She'd definitely call them later.

******

The shop kept her busy for most of the day. A truck order had come in the day before and Jose, the awesome friend he was, had been there long enough to get it inside and then go home.
"Thank God you remembered. Otherwise, we'd be waiting another week for this stuff."

"Yeah, well... Someone has to have their head in the game. Just wish it were you and then I could totally have my head filled with some yummy eye candy."

Sprig snorted, "You always have your head filled with yummy eye candy."

Admitting defeat, "Ya got me. I can't help it. There are so many sexy men and so little time. I can't say I blame you for running."

"Oh, I ran alright. Right into his damn arms again, " she bent down to grab more boxes of incense.

"Girl, you're addicted to what his dick did."

She was addicted alright, to everything he did.

****

Work had been a slow day, so her mindset had been dragging once she for home.

She used the free time to call her sisters.

She called Enya first, and she picked up on the first ring.

"Hey woman," Enya huffed out.

Sprig could hear Enya talking to Ansem, clearly talking in baby talk.

"Hi my handsome nephew, Sprig Sprig loves you."

She heard a baby's laughter and then clapping. Clearly Ansem loved her too.

"Alright, I know you didn't call just to talk to my baby. You seen my message?"

"I did, this morning once I finally checked my phone. I'm assuming Chyanne blabbed to you about Caleb. We are...I don't know exactly what we are yet."

"What does that even mean Sprig? Years have passed since that douchebag left you, right after the miscarriage. Why now? Why come back now?"

"En, I know--I couldn't explain this either, at first. Listen, he left because back then, he felt like he wasn't good enough. I agree, back then neither of us were fit to be parents. We were kids ourselves and we weren't exactly good kids either. We were wild, how do you raise a kid when your lifestyle isn't exactly child friendly? He's changed, I've changed. We are willing to work on it. He wants a relationship, it's me that doesn't," Sprig was fidgeting with her hair.

Enya remained quiet on the other end for a few minutes. Sprig knew she was mulling things over and would tell her honest opinion.

She could hear Enya sigh, "Alright. I know you're capable of handling your own life. I'm not going to chastise you over who sleep or don't sleep with, does he make you happy? That's all I care about."

"He does, I think this is part of why I've had trouble settling down. I never had closure and I've always loved him."

Might as well admit it, not only to herself, but to her sister.

She really did love Caleb.

The rest of conversation was about Enya and how she was handling family life, and shortly after they hung up.

Now.it was time to call Chyanne, and she was a little more nervous about this call.

Chyanne could be really stubborn, and incredibly set in her ways. She would definitely have a harder time accepting Caleb.

Sprig shook her head and dialed Chyanne's number anyway. Maybe Chyanne would have had a few drinks and would be a little chipper.

Chyanne answered on the third ring, "So, tell me you kicked that fucker to the curb when I left?"

"Hey, love you too. No small talk?"

This was going well...not.

"Nope. We can do that after. Spill, cause I know you wanna," Chyanne gulped, yup she was drinking.

Maybe things wouldn't be so bad.

"No, Chy, I didn't kick him to the curb. Actually, we're dating. We talked about it. About our past--"

"He fucking left you hours after you told him you lost your baby! How could you ever want to work things out with him now?!"

Sprig wasn't one to yell, but in this moment, it was needed.

"Because I love him! Chyanne I absolutely love him and I don't expect you to fucking understand because you've never dealt with something like this! He left because he needed to prove he could be something for me. He was scared and worried that he'd never be good enough! I don't owe you an explanation and I'm sorry I called while you were still sober. I like you better drunk."

Sprig hung up, not even waiting for a reply from Chyanne. She was fuming and honestly didn't want to continue this argument.

She paced around, trying to calm down.

When that didn't exactly work,she went to the kitchen and grabbed a small bottle of orange juice.

Then she made her way back to the living room and made her way to her hookah station.

She plopped down on a bright orange beanbag and grabbed the lighter from the corner stand.

She filled the hookah with a little orange juice and lit the coal needed for smoking.

There in the center of this area was a hookah. It was a tall orange glass hookah with jewel tones throughout. It was a gorgeous piece.

Once the hookah was ready she grabbed a hose, brought it to her lips and inhaled.

Yes, this did the trick. This was what she had need to wind down.

She would call Chyanne back later and apologize for being a bitch but right now she just needed to clear her mind.