The Date.

The rest of the week had gone well, and Caleb hadn't made any other special appearances, Sprig assumed he'd gotten busy too.

She'd texted him about a day after their meeting at the shop, that he had her number to reach her. Secretly, she did that just in case he had planned to bail on her, he couldn't use that as an excuse.

As much as she just wanted to relax, trust that it was just a simple date between old "friends", she still had this nagging feeling that maybe he was going to hurt her again, and she wasn't really sure how she would handle it if he did.

The week rushed by steadily though and he'd texted her at certain points of his day. Sometimes in the morning, a photo of the sunrise with his coffee, titling the message Wish you were here. Other times it was a simple Good morning Beautiful or afternoon depending on when he texted.

They were so nice, it was hard not to be happy or look forward to them. She couldn't help it.

A few times when Chyanne had visited the shop, she'd caught her smiling like a baffoon. Oh, Sprig had never lived it down.

It'd gotten so bad that even Enya, who was all the in New York, had sent her shit-giving texts and picking on her.

Still, she didn't care. No one had ever taken time out of their day to ask how she was or to just call her beautiful. She liked it.

The day finally came though for their date and Sprig was getting even more nervous about their meeting. She hoped and prayed she didn't end up acting like an idiot.

They had agreed to go to some sort of karoke bar in town. Caleb said he'd be there around eight.

Sprig had chosen to get a little more vsmoed up than she usually would have, but it was a special occasion so why not?

She'd chosen to wear a tight fitting teal halter top, a black leather mini skirt and a pair of fuck me heels.

She wore her hair down in soft waves that framed around her face and paired the whole outfit with Onyx jewelry. Smokey eyes and red lips, she looked in the mirror and approved.

So maybe she was trying a little hard to look smoking hot. Either Caleb was going to jump her or he was going to realize how much he was missing out on.

She hoped he'd want sex, remembering how they were all those years ago. Caleb definitely knew how to please a woman, even back then. She wondered if he was any good now.

The doorbell ringing startled her out of her contemplations, sighing she grabbed her purse and made her way to the door.

Nervously she opened the door and smiled. The man was a fucking gorgeous male specimen. He was wearing a black tee shirt, a pair of tight fitting jeans, that if she wasn't mistaken was housing a very fine package. He'd spiked his hair up and he smelled absolutely devine.

Sprig felt pleased with herself when she seen his look when she had opened the door. He'd practically needed to pick his jaw off the floor.

He smiled, trying to shake his reaction off and guided her to his truck. Opening the door for her she slid in. So far things were going great, but they hadn't even left her yard yet so only the night would tell.

Since they lived in the city, it didn't take long for them to get to the bar. As soon as Caleb opened the truck's door, Sprig heard the cheesy music playing and someone obnoxiously singing off tune to the music.

She loved it. It was totally her, she didn't care, happy drunk people were right up her alley. She loved feeling upbeat in a bar. Plus, she wasn't the quiet type so being in a moody alcohol joint wouldn't bode well for her.

"Do you like it? We can find somewhere else to--" he was saying, looking very unsure of his choice in recreation.

"I love it. It's exactly what I need, a good time."

He unconsciously sighed with relief, "Good, that's great. I was trying to remember the old days and figuring out what you liked then, but then I second guessed myself wondering if you'd changed." He grabbed her hand and led her towards the entrance.

"I have changed Caleb, we all do, but there are certain ways to us that can never be changed."

"That's pretty deep. I suppose you're right. Look at me, I used to be a hardcore asshat and now I own my own business and do adult things."

Sprig raised her eyebrows on the last part, "Tell me, Caleb, what adult things do you like to do?"

Caleb stopped short of pulling open the door. He shook his head and softly laughed, pulling her to the side and up against the buildings brick wall.

Sprig held her breath. God this was hot, and he hadn't even done anything. The look in his eyes, she remembered, that was the I'd like to do very naughty things to you right now look.

Sprig's whole body was alert and waiting with need. Desire coursed, raging like a wild river. She was quite sure that if Caleb touched her she'd burst.

He leaned in, oh she wanted him to take her lips with his. She wanted to taste him. Explore him. Her hopes fell short, he stood there for a moment and then, he whispered.

"You have no idea the adult things I'd like to do to you right now." And just like that, he leaned back and stepped away from her, leaving her aching and confused.

He grabbed her hand and walked them inside where a waitress guided them to an empty table.

She didn't know when, but the music she'd heard just moments ago had ended and now a drunk couple stood on the stage singing a Song and Cher song.

She definitely needed that drink more than anything now.