Chapter 3 - The Date

En başından başla

"Ooh, lucky you. I can't wait until Gray asks me out on a date," Juvia said dreamily. We all know that it would take a while for that to happen.

"Let's look for something nice for you to wear," Mirajane said and the three girls plus Lucy head over to my closet.

They start pulling out clothes and accessories and throwing them onto the floor. They're making a mess in my bedroom!

"Try this," Levy instructed as she thrusted something into my arms.

I glanced at the material that I caught. It was a red top, white jeans and a cream cardigan. I did as told and went into the bathroom to try it on. When the outfit was fully on, I studied myself in the mirror. I did look pretty good but it didn't feel right.

"Erza? Are you done yet?" Mirajane called. I told her 'yes' and returned to my bedroom. The other girls looked me up and down for a few minutes. I huffed impatiently.

"No, it isn't right. Here, put this on," Juvia finally said and gave me a casual dress.

I went back to the bathroom and tried it on. The dress had a white top part and a red skirt part. Overall, it looked really good. I went back to my awaiting friends.

"Yes. Perfect," Mirajane declared and the others agreed. "Now. All you have to do is put on these and we'll do you hair tonight."

In her hands were a pair of red flats, the ones from yesterday. I was excited and ready for my date.

"Well, what do you think?" Mirajane asked.

She was the expert at doing hair and it looked fabulous. My scarlet red hair was pulled into a messy but stylish bun. I was wearing the red and white dress that we chose earlier and it was a gorgeous fit.

"Wow! You look beautiful," Juvia gushed.

"Jellal is one lucky man," Levy added.

I blushed at the comments. If only Lucy was here. She left an hour ago with Natsu for her date and she looked absolutely gorgeous as well. I checked the clock in my bedroom and realised that I only had a few more minutes to freak out.

Ding Dong! My eyes widened as the doorbell rang; Jellal was a few minutes early.

"Quick! Get your shoes," Levy instructed.

I obeyed and put on my red flats. The girls quickly ushered me to the front door and now I was facing it. The one thing that separated me from Jellal. I fixed my hair and smoothed my dress. When I nodded my head at Mirajane, she opened the door and the three girls rushed back to my bedroom to give me privacy with Jellal.

"Hey Jellal," I greeted him.

"Hello Erza," he replied. Jellal looked me up and down and what he said next brought a blush to my face. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you. You look great as well," I said. That sounded kind of lame.

I checked him out and saw that he had dark jeans with a blue button up shirt. His blue hair was gelled to be more spiky than usual and the red tattoo on his face looked amazing, as always.

"Are you checking me out?" he smirked.

"No," I denied but my cheeks said otherwise.

"Let's go," Jellal simply said.

We got into his car and I kept asking where we were going but he wouldn't tell me anything. I watched the cars and buildings go by as we drove. Minutes went by and then the scenery changed. On the left, was a beautiful, sandy beach. Jellal drove into the parking by the beach and we stopped there.