Ending Two

Dally's POV
(Y/N) started to choke. Blood coming out of her mouth. The doctors said that this was the last time and that they couldn't do anything for her. I tried to run forwards and scream, but the only sounds heard were (Y/N) choking and the doctors saying she was as good as dead by now. My legs were glued to the floor. All I could do was stand there and watch as the girl I loved died before my eyes...

I sat up gasping for breath. I look to the left of me to see (Y/N) looking at me worriedly as she gently shook my shoulders.
"Dally, are you ok? You were screaming again."
It's been five years since (Y/N) had her strange illness. After more research, the doctors diagnosed tuberculosis, aka tb, which was supposedly extinct. (Y/N) was quarantined for a month after that, until the doctors were sure she had recovered from the virus.
In the time she was quarantined, I got a job at the DX. The only reason I left was because I can't be with (Y/N) when she was secluded from all people. I mostly worked with Two-Bit, who kept me out of trouble.
Sometimes.
Most of the times...
Anyway, by the time (Y/N) was released from the hospital, I had a little apartment, just for two.
We had lived there since.
But I keep getting nightmares about how (Y/N) really could have died. I never told her what the nightmares were about, because I didn't want her to freak out. That's how we are where we are now.
"I'm fine, (Y/N), really."
"No, your not. You've had these, what I'm guessing are nightmares, for almost five years now. Usually once a month.  What are they about?"
"Nothing."
"Dallas Winston! We have been having this conversation for almost five years! What is going on? What happened five years ag- oh no."
"What?"
"They aren't about- aren't about... Me. Are they?"
"..."
"DALLY! THAT WAS FIVE YEARS AGO!"
"YOU DON'T KNOW HOW HARD IT WAS. SEEING THE WOMAN I LOVE ALMOST DIE. YOU WERE CHOKING ON YOUR OWN BLOOD EVERY FIVE MINUTES FOR HEAVENS SAKE!"
"Calm down. Dally I'm ok. Come here." (Y/N) reached out and I came in for a hug. I than realized I was crying.
"I'm sorry." I said. "It was just so hard seeing you like that."
"I know it was. I know."
We laid down, still wrapped in each other's arms, and went to sleep.

•••••• One Week Later ••••••

Today was the day. Today was the day that everything changed.
I fiddled with my shirt as I sat down to eat in Darry's house. By now, Soda had moved out, and Pony was in collage, but it was Thanksgiving and the whole gang came for dinner.
It was a great feast. Everyone brought something. Darry had made a turkey, Two-Bit had mashed potatoes, Steve had brought pumpkin pie, Soda had ambrosia, Pony had corn, and me and (Y/N) made some chocolate cake. Well, (Y/N) made chocolate cake. I taste-tested it.
Once we had all had our fill, we put on the Micky Mouse Thanksgiving special. Don't judge. It's a good show.
Once that was over, (Y/N) excused herself to the bathroom, and I explained my plan to everybody. They all nodded and hid behind the couch.
When (Y/N) came back from the potty I looked her straight in the eye and said "(Y/N), ever since I saw you right outside the movie theater, I had loved you. We had our fairs share of bad memories, but our good ones over ruled." I got down on one knee and pulled a small box from my pocket.
"(Y/N), you are the most amazing and beautiful person I've ever met, and it would mean the world to me, if you would be my wife." I opened the box to show a shiny gold ring with a small diamond heart in it that I had been working five to nine to get the money for.
"Will you marry me?" I asked. At the same time, the gang popped up from behind the couch yelling "WILL YOU MARRY HIM??"
(Y/N), who was crying uncontrollably, nodded and said "Yes!" As best as she could. I slipped the ring on her finger and pulled her into a hug as the rest of the gang cheered.
Let me just say:
BEST
THANKSGIVING
EVER!!
<3