A Game of Life or Death

(Y/N)'s POV
I start to hear sounds.
Monitors beeping, feet pacing, people whispering.
My name being said over and over.
I open my eyes.
The monitors are attached to needles in my arms and legs, and there are doctors discussing stuff in the corner; probably talking about me.
The person saying my name in the corner is Dally, rocking back and forth on the balls of his feet in a chair.
I try to say his name, to comfort him, tell him it's alright, but my throat closes up and all I manage is a cough, that turns into a strangled hacking. I can't breathe and blood begins to stain the pillow. The heart monitor speeds up and doctors ran over. I looked at Dally as he just sat there looking like he was going to throw up. A single tear ran down his cheek. Usually I would think The great Dallas Winston? Crying?
But I was too dizzy to think as the doctors started to turn on machines and stick a tube down my throat.
One injects me with something and I fall back into my endless sleep...

Dally's POV
Blood. I've always hated the smell of it. The metallic sharp air it created always left me feeling sick.
(Y/N) has been drifting in and out of consciousness for over a month now, and it is always the same processes. She wakes up, tries to talk, coughs up thick, wet, blobs of blood. Her heart always speeds up as she can't breathe, and the doctors inject her with a medicine that should only calm her down, but hands her back to the clutches of darkness where she stays until her next awakening (before you ask, no, I have not been reading Shakespeare). The doctors stick a large tube down her throat that has two sections; one that pumps air into her, and one that sucks blood out of her lungs. Where does the blood comes from? The doctors haven't the foggiest.
After about a week of (Y/N) being in the hospital, everyone had to leave and go back to their lives. Ponyboy has school, Two-Bit picks up and drops off Pony, Johnny does- well, what ever he does- at his house, and everyone else has jobs. Well, everyone except for me. I've only left (Y/N)'s side to go to the bathroom, and to change cloths. I would probably starve, but the gang stops by whenever they can, usually once a day, and bring me food; which I rarely eat.
After (Y/N) is unconscious again, and she is breathing correctly, the doctors usually go back to what ever they were doing, but today one walks over to me.
"Are you Dallas Winston?" He asks.
"Who wants to know?" I say, keeping my pain out of my voice as best as I can.
"The doctor who is currently keeping Miss. (L/N) alive." The doctor who is currently keeping (Y/N) alive says.
"As long as your not a cop, than yea. I'm Dallas. But Dally to you."
The doctor raises an eyebrow. "Well, Dally, I'm here to tell you that if (Y/N) here doesn't pull threw the next time she wakes up, then we are taking her off of life support."
"What??"
"You heard me. This is the eight week limit and if she doesn't make it, than she doesn't make it."
I look over at (Y/N). Her (light/dark) hair is resting gently on her pillow, making a perfect work of art. Her skin is as white as a ghost. No, not a ghost, an angel. Her skin as white as an angel's wings.
I'm thinking about how if (Y/N) really did have wings, she would have flown away from this world, when I see her stir.

(Y/N)'s POV
I start to hear sounds.
Monitors beeping, feet pacing, people whispering.
I open my eyes.
There are monitors attached to needles in my arms and legs, and there are doctors discussing their life problems in the corner.
I look next to me and see Dally looking at me with something new on his face. Instead of pain and regret, in his eyes I see... Hope?
I look at all the machines. I look at the doctors. Lastly, I look at the boy I have fallen deeply for. Than, I do something that, though I don't know at the moment, savEs my life. I say the four words I've been waiting to say for a long time.
"I love you, Dallas."