"Me too," he responded in a whisper, rubbing circles in her back. "How's Max?" He asked, and she could practically hear the smile in his voice.

"Our little girl is absolutely fantastic. She's a tornado, zooming about the house all day, and she inherited your gymnastics skills too, I caught her dangling upside down from the swing set at the park the other day. The other moms thought I was an irresponsible parent," she laughed. "You should have seen their faces when Max slipped and I dived and rolled in the sand to catch her."

Eggsy chuckled. "Is she asleep?"

"Yes, and it took forever for her to finally get to bed, so if she knows Daddy's home she'll never go back to sleep. So you'll have to wait until morning," June told him firmly, even though his disappointed pout almost made her change her mind.

"Alright," he finally said, slightly dejected. "Let's go to bed then."

*FLASH FORWARD IN TIME AND SPACE TO ABOUT 3:30 AM, STILL AT THE UNWIN RESIDENCE*

June twisted around in her sleep, flipping her arm around. Suddenly she woke up, confused as to why. But then she remembered that when she did this, she would usually smack Eggsy in the face, and he would groan in his sleep. However, she was met with only silence. Opening her eyes and feeling the mattress for her husband, she realized he was gone.

She wondered if maybe she had only dreamed that he had come back, and that he was actually still in Sudan. With a heavy sigh, she got up from the bed and staggered to the light switch. Flicking it on, she realized she hadn't dreamed because of the mess Eggsy had already managed to create in their room, with his dress shirt thrown carelessly over the back of the chair, one shoe on the desk and the other propping a book up on the nightstand, his suitcase open in the centre of the room and clothes spilling out of it. She wondered how she had not tripped over anything and died on her way to light.

However, all this meant that Eggsy had returned. So where was he?

She walked out of the bedroom, one of Eggsy's old shirts serving as her nightgown, and saw a light streaming out of Max's room. If he had woken their daughter, she would murder him. With a pencil.

Tip toeing to the doorway and cracking it open, she was met with one of the most adorable sights she had ever witnessed.

Eggsy was cradling little Max in his arms, and she looked so small compared to him. He was holding her incredibly gently, as if scared to break her. And softly, with his quietest and softest voice, he was singing to her.

"Come stop your crying
It will be alright
Just take my hand
Hold it tight

I will protect you
From all around you
I will be here
Don't you cry

For one so small,
You seem so strong
My arms will hold you,
Keep you safe and warm
This bond between us
Can't be broken
I will be here
Don't you cry

'Cause you'll be in my heart
Yes, you'll be in my heart
From this day on
Now and forever more

You'll be in my heart
No matter what they say
You'll be here in my heart, always"

With that, he stopped, gently kissing her forehead and putting her back in her little bed. Gazing at her, he said solemnly and with a voice filled with absolute love, "I will always protect you, Max. My little Maximum Unwin. I'll always be here for you and for your mum, because I love you two more than anything else in the world. Even if I'm far away, the two of you are always in my heart."

With that, he turned around, finally seeing June for the first time since she'd been standing there. He rushed to her and gently shut the door behind him. "I'm sorry, I know you told me not to wake her up, but she was crying in her sleep, having a nightmare. You were so tired, I didn't want to wake you up, so I went. I'm sorry, but she-" he tried to explain, not having noticed the tears he had brought to June's eyes.

She didn't let him finish his unneeded apology, as she wrapped her arms around his neck and pressed her lips to his gently in a chaste and pure kiss, pulling away a moment later.

"You are the most wonderful and amazing husband I could ever ask for, and the most caring and incredible father Maximum could have ever had," June said to him. "I love you."

Eggsy smiled, his cheeks slightly red with timidity because his wife had heard him sing, but replied immediately, "I love you too."

For a few minutes, they just stood in the dark hallway only illuminated by a small nightlight, staring into each other's glittering eyes. Eggsy's hand stroked June's cheek gently, and she was tracing her thumb over his hand, knowing it relaxed him.

"You sing beautifully," June finally said. "I never knew. I'd like it if you sang for me sometimes."

"I'd love that," Eggsy said, taking her hand in his and walking with her back to bed, where he lulled her to sleep with a soft melody.

Alright. I am sorry. This one was so short. And I am not sure I really like it. But I tried. Anyway, I'm sorry about how scarce updates have been, but school has started and the teachers seemed to have decided to drown us in homework.

I'm so grateful to all the people who read this, who comment, who vote, it always makes my day to know people actually like this. I love you all.

-Helen