chapter 5

short chapter I know and im sorry :( ive had a lot going on lately and I get back to school tomorrow but I promise I will make longer chapters and update quicker!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 jesus Christ..." I say exhausted from the hours of cleaning up my room. I lean on a wall and slide down it until my butt hits the floor. I took my phone out of my pocket and checked the time; 4:30pm. I sighed and stood up. satisfied with my room, I walked down stairs to see if I could catch an episode of the walking dead or adventure time to end the day. even though it was still early, I felt like shit. I melted into my couch and reached over to the coffee table to grab the remote. I switched the tv on and to my surprise, the walking dead was on so, with a grin, I relaxed myself and watched in awestruck. I loved the walking dead. I have played the game and read the graphic novels I even have some merch aswell. my watching experience was interrupted by a knock at my door. ugh, are you serious. I snatched the remote from next to me and pressed the record button. annoyed, I walked over to the door and opened it. it was my small friend Adriana.

"hey millie can I talk to you?"  she asked concerned.

"uh, yeah, sure adri." I say letting her pass me in the doorway. I close the door and follow her up to my room. she sits on my bed and beckons me to sit next to her. I get a sense of de ja vu. I swear ive been through this before but with different people. I sit next to her and she looks up at me, a hint of worry glistening in her eyes. 

so, I heard you where attacked again and your room was trashed this morning."  

"well, yeah but no damage was really done. just a few broken snow globes and picture frames. as for me, just some cuts and bruises" I say, giving her a fake smile to reassure her alittle.

"oh, okay, thank god," she said  "do you know who did it?" she continued

"it was jeff" I blurted out. probably a bad move telling her that but, it was the truth and I cant lie to her. I know she will think i'm crazy like everyone else.but if I didn't tell her now, it would eventually slip out anyway. she burst out laughing on my bed.

"BAHAHAHA sssuurreee milz, you wish don't ya" she said nudging me and winking at me. what the hell does she mean?

"huh, wat do you mean?" I ask truly confused.

"oh, come on, I know you have a crush on him. the way you talk about him all the time and read all those stories. and all the photos on your ipad and iphone of him." she said as if it where the most obvious thing on earth. I was gob smacked. did she really just say that?!

"OH GOD NO ADRI YOU HAVE IT ALL WRONG!" I yell at her in disgust. okay, im may have had a little crush on him a couple of months ago but that was all in sympathy. nothing else. this Is not going to be a romance thing. "adri, I have millions of photos of all creepypastas on my phone and ipad but jeff just intrests me more than the others for some reason. I like him as much as I like BEN and slendy but not in a romantic way" she looked at me for a minute then cleared her throat.

"do you want me to sleep over tonight and protect you, even though I am a lot shorter than you and weaker than you, I can still try and protect you!"  she said jokingly

"does this mean you believe me about jeff?" I asked.

"not exactly but, we will see tonight. it would be cool if I saw him." she said exitedly

"don't say that adri, trust me." I say to her coldly. she frowned but quickly turned it back into a smile when she saw my adventure time dvd collections. I sighed and stood up. I walked over to the collection, held them up in my hands and waved them in adris face. her face lit up.

"ill make the popcorn!" she screamed excitedly. I rolled my eyes and chuckled. we walked down stairs and I put the first disc in the dvd player. adri walked into the kitchen. "wheres your popcorn?" she yelled from the pantry door.

"its on the 3rd shelf!" I yell back to her. I jump on the couch and rest my head on the back of the couch. i'm glad adris staying over tonight. it will take my mind off of jeff. we will actually have fun. something I havnt had in months. I rest my head on a pillow and watch adri come towards me with a huge bowl of popcorn. I switch on the tv and turn it to AV. we put on the first episode and start singing along to the theme song. we laugh and start tuning into the episode. eventually, time caught up on us and before we knew it, we fell asleep.

BANG!

what the hell? I rose up from adrianas shoulder, which I guess was my pillow when I fell asleep, and she looked at me confused.

"did you hear that?" she asked loudly

"sshhhhh! someone might be in the house!" I whisper sternly. I quietly stood up from the couch and adri followed. we hear rustling coming from upstairs. we tip toed up to the direction of the noise.it was coming from my room. not a big surprise really. we peak through the crack in my door and to no surprise, jeff was in there rummaging through my stuff. I look at Adriana. she was just as pale as jeff.

"believe me now" I say in a smart ass tone. she just nods her head. I turn my head back to the crack. I position my foot closer to the door so I was more balanced but, I stepped on a creaky floorboard.

CREAK

shit... I turned my head to look at the menacing look Adriana was giving me behind my back. when I looked back into the crack, jeff was gone. double shit. as I keep watching for any movement, my breathing becomes more short paced and panicy. suddenly a soulless eye stares into mine from the other side of the door. I scream and fall backwards.

"millie! whats wrong!" Adriana asked rushing over to my side. before i had a chance to reply, my bedroom door slowly creaked open. I looked over adris  shoulder and saw jeff standing in the doorway with that malicious smile planted on his face. lost for words, I pointed to jeff so Adriana would turn to see him.

"run" I managed to choke out. before we had a chance to stand up and bolt down the stairs, jeff grabbed adri and pinned her to a wall. she started to hyperventilate. he covered her mouth and told her to be quiet. I saw a tear stroll down her cheek. jeff turned his head to look at me

"so, you've told another buddy about me have you? well, too bad this one wont be able to live long enough to tell everyone your not crazy!" he said in a tone only an insane human could carry. it gave me goosebumps. he started laughing uncontrollably and grazed the tip of his blade on adris cheek. "aww, don't cry your face would look much better with a smile!" he started laughing again. I couldn't watch any longer. I stood up and pounced on jeffs back with my left hand I covered his eyes and with my right hand I managed to knock the knife out of his hand. he was a lot stronger than I thought. he thrashed into a wall causing me to smash my head on the dry wall. my vision blurred and I became weak for a few seconds. jeff took this to his advantage and shook me off his back. he pinned me down on the floor and took a handful of my hair. he then proceeded to smash my head on the floor over and over until I was barley conscious. he let me go and walked over to Adriana. "whats wrong? don't you want to make you beautiful like me? millie can watch if you want!" he chuckled he looked at me for a second. and his smile grew even wider "or better yet, I can make you both beautiful!" he s dragged Adriana over to me with his right hand and in his left hand, he grabbed my hair and started dragging me away aswell. I started coughing up blood and my eyes grew heavy. was this it? a I about to stare into the very eyes of death? was this fate? my eyes grew even more heavy and they eventually closed. I blacked out.