Chapter 3

A/N: sorry for the short chapter! i promise from now on i will make them much longer!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

My blood ran cold. I heard panting behind me. it sounded almost like an animal. I slowly stand up from the park bench. and, not daring to turn around, started walking away from the park. I could hear footsteps behind me. someone was definitely following me. I unlocked my phone and started to dial stephs number

"millie? what the hell? I have been trying to call you for ages. whats up?" she asked on the other end of the phone. I walked down an alleyway that would take me back to the direction of my house. 

"steph. there is someone following me" I whisper in the receiver.

"what?! where are you!? who is following you?" steph questioned.

"I think its him, je-uh, the killer. what do I do?" 

"millie, don't pa-" my phone cut her off. I looked down at my phone and it had the 'connect to charger' screen' showing. just perfect. I quickened my pace. I heard an echoing chuckle behind me. there was no doubt that it was jeff. I span around to face him.

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT FRO-" there was no one there. what the hell? I walked back through the alleyway and there weren't any foot prints or anything indicating there was someone following me. surly I wasn't just imagining all of that. the chuckles and the footsteps... they were real, weren't they. maybe it was just my imagination. but.. the text messages weren't. I walk back to my house and ring steph immediately on the home phone. I need to tell her.

"hello?"

"hey steph, you need to come here right now"

"why?"

"just come here now, I need to tell you something important"

"oh okay, be there in 15"

I hung up and flung myself on my couch and turned the TV on;

"breaking news, a man in his mid 20s and his 7 year old daughter where brutally murdered a few hours ago. police are still trying to find any evidence connected to the murderer but not a single hair, fingerprint or fiber was left at the scene. 'its like hunting a ghost' sheriff bankley quotes. the only thing the murderer left behind was a note written in blood in the childs room, it said 'If you were a good little girl and went to sleep when I told you, then this wouldn't have happened.' this is the third  murder this week. police are making connections to this murder and the others. more news to follow."

jesus, I cant escape it. I change the channel and start to watch American dad for some light relief when the door rang. I rolled off the couch and walked to the door. I look through the peep hole, just to make sure it was steph, and opened the door.

"hey mils, you look abit pale. are you okay?"

"come with me."

I walked to the lounge room and sat on the couch. I gestured steph to sit next to me. after she did, I turned off the tv and sighed.

"steph...I have been lying to you. I know who my killer is" I say, my eyes staring at my fiddling fingers on my lap

"what?!?! you do? why didn't you tell me earlier" she screamed. trying to make contact with my eyes

"because its..." I hesitated "its.. jeff..." I say, eyes not leaving my hands. I heard her chuckling

"millie, really, that's the best thing you could come up with? yeah right millz, good joke." she said punching my arm playfully in the process. my eyes start to tear up. I look up and stare int her eyes 

"no steph I am not joking! he is after me! look at the messages on my phone and look at the murders on tv! I know he is still after me. on the night I got stabbed, just before I blacked out he said he wasn't finished yet and now, he is back and trying to finish what he started! and i know its jeff! the very same jeff from that creepypasta!"i plead.

"listen... millie. you're still in shock.  I mean, you read jeff stories just before you were attacked so it would make sense that you pictured your attacker as jeff  but millie, jeff isn't real. he is just some creepypasta okay, and the murders on tv, that's obviously just some coincidence. you cant think its jeff." she explained slowly as if she were talking to a mental patient.

 I put my phone on charge and when it turned on, I shoved it in stephs hand. "what about the messages. I received them when I was on my jog. you cant think THAT'S a coincidence surely! I yell at  her. her eyes widen a bit when she read the last message. but then snap back to normal. 

'millie, its probably the guys playing tricks on you. I mean, they have done it before. and plus, how would jeff get your number let alone get a phone. I cant imagine him texting can you?" she snapped back. well, im going home before my parents notice im gone. try and clear your mind and talk to me tomorrow okay? cya."

I watch her leave my house and I cuddle up to a pillow next to me. I cant be just imagining all of this can I? this cant be a trick of the mind. it seems way to real. I pull my head out of the pillow and walk up to my room. I get undressed and put on a black angel pajama top on and black and white striped pajama pants on then get under my covers and before I knew it, I started drifting to sleep. i grunted and woke up drenched in sweat from the nightmare i just had. it was pitch black outside and also, raining quite heavily. i sat up to check the time on my alarm clock when i had a sudden random shiver running all the way down my spine and that awful feeling of being watched again. i lie back down on my side,trying to ignore the feeling, and close my eyes when suddenly, i  feel warm sticky breath on the back of my neck.