Dark kisses

When you kiss someone
You just take up everything
Every moving word that escaped those lips, you hear again.
You taste small fragments of the food they ate.

You see the kisses they have shared with their past loves.
You haunt a little caution for the secrets they never said, but are still intrigued.

You feel the warmth of all the smiles In their life.
And you, your lips imprinting a new memory on those lips.

When someone asks 'can I kiss you?' They are inviting you to play a part in their lives. A new chapter in their book.
Embrace with care.

That's why cheating is hurtful and why love is hard to find and why it's even harder for people who are insecure. Because they can't love themselves.
People wonder how they can possibly love someone else. Well those people love someone else instead of themselves. Which is both beautiful and so fragile at once.

For me, it was hard to like myself.
My parents were divorced, no siblings. But when I met Ana and Mia, I loved them like sisters. I loved them instead of myself.
Dear Amy, I'm sorry for leaving you.
I loved you too, you were my best friend. I just wasn't capable of accepting your love nor giving it to you, I'm sorry.
I hope you live well, and most of all I hope you find love not only in someone else but in yourself too.
And please never fall down the same rabbit hole that enchanted me.
You're perfect as you are, you will always be my best friend.

Love,
Rose

Ana folded up the letter. Mia looked at her sister sitting on her bed.
"Ow Ana, WHAT are you planning that makes you smile so wickedly?"

"Nothing, my dear Mia, just preparing for our new friend."

Ana crumbled up the letter from Rose, stuffed it into a shoe box and hid it under her bed.

Mia smiled.
"Finally, I've been wanting a new toy."