Just Like That [ON HOLD]

Hey, Amy here, and I just wanted to say this is my first ever story published on Wattpad! I originally posted on Quizilla but i deleted it and re-posted it here ^.^ I know the Title doesnt make sense in the beginning but it will in the end i promise.

_____________________________________________________________________________

 Chapter One

I patted my messy bun and looked myself up and down in the full lenght mirror.I wasn't beautiful and my chest wasn't big or full.

I'm just average. No boy has ever even looked at me before let alone ask me out. That's because there's nothing to look at! I thought to myself miserably. My outfit consisted of a baggy "Save the Whales" tee and my new hip-huggers jeans that didn't fit in the right places. There was only one frickin word to describe me, and that was "Nobody".
"Melissa, hurry up or your gonna be late for school!" my mom yelled up to me breaking my morbid train of thought. I patted my head one last time and took off down stairs and out the door and into my rusty, old Camry. The only thing I really did hate was being late to school. It took maybe about 15mins-20mins top to get to school. I drove extra slowly so I wouldn't get their too early and look like a nerd. I mean, I'm already a nobody and I don't want to be labeled "nerd" too. I pulled into the parking lot and scanned the area for a good parking space. I knew it was a lost cause, because those spaces are meant for the popular kids, and you don't park there unless you want your car to be egged.
I grabbed my textbooks and headed into the school, keeping my head low when I passed a couple of "cool" kids who were making out in front of the big glass doors. Among them was Celeste Clearwater, the most popular girl in possibly this side of L.A. She's perfect and almost every girl is jealous of her.She started modeling when she was 9 and still does. She even does toothpaste ads on T.V which is good, because it gives her 2 mins to show off her perfect, naturally white teeth to an audience bigger than Laken High.All these things do great for her self-esteem but the thing that makes me appreciate her is that she isn't afraid to be talking to un-populars like me. I’ve even seen her laugh with Andrea Bronx and that girl is an even bigger nobody than me. Celeste has all that blonde hair that drives the boys wild and beautiful blue-green eyes. I would give anything to look like her, to BE her, but I know I can't because that is not how the good Lord rolls! My mousy brown hair will get me nowhere and my puke green eyes aren't exactly helping out either.
I was about to go on about how my shirt makes me look more like a hobo on the streets than a young girl just starting up her senior year, when the bell rang for first period. No! I'm going to be late and everybody is going to stare at me when I enter the class! I rushed off to my locker, spun the dial, and crammed my Calc book in and my French text out. My class was way down the hall, far from my locker and the last student had trickled in minutes ago. I picked a bad day to wear my barf-orange converse. When I reached the door, I quietly turned the knob, pushed, and slunk inside, trying my best to look nonchalant. But it was pretty hard to do when the schools hottest boy, Celeste's boyfriend, happens to notice you and is giving you that one eyebrow up look as if to say “Who let the hobo in?".Luke Springer is probably God’s most perfect creation. He is that hot. His dirty blonde-almost brown hair was slightly tousled and his green eyes were just as bright as always.
I must have been lost in my thoughts, because the next thing I knew Mme Lewis(Mrs. Lewis in French) was bombarding me with French words that I would not try to decipher. Just because French isn't English and barely anyone could even translate it in this class, does not mean that I am deaf of the language. In other words, she said some pretty harsh stuff.
"Melissa, pour quoi es-tu si tard? Êtes-vous assez stupides pour ne connaissez pas votre classe 1ère période? Ou sont tous les Américains aussi cinglés que vous?"
I tried my best to ignore her and quickly walked to the back of the room. I did not need anymore attention.1st period hurried by and then came my 2nd period Literature class, the only class I shared with Celeste. This was my favorite class of the day, a place where I could just study her and find out what makes her so perfect. But sadly, she ignores me and only talks to Tameka Wilson, the second most popular girl and her best friend. Tameka has long black hair that always hangs above her waist and big chocolate, brown eyes to match her perfect, flawless cocoa skin. But me...Do I even dare to compare? I must have been absent-mindedly staring at them, because Tameka looked up and our eyes met for a split second before I quickly dragged mine down and hid them behind a copy of Real American Literature.
I could feel the red blaze covering my cheeks and her oh-so brown eyes boring into my side, but instead of whispering about me to Celeste, she turned back around to her conversation, as if I never existed.