Chapter 21: ...Akashi-kun?

Author-san: SORRY FOR PRANKING YA'LL HERE'S A SORRY CHAPTER
------
Last time:
They both bid their farewell and went to separate ways. On Egao's way home, she saw a glimpse of red hair from far away.

The red haired glanced at her, her heart skipped a beat. Heterochromatic eyes, boring onto her orange orbs
----

"Egao"

She slightly flinched, she still wasn't ready to look at him in the eye. So she turned around, trying to prevent eye contact. "Akashi... Good to see you tonight... I suppose..." she murmured her last sentence, making him furrow his eyebrows.

"It's good to see you too, Egao. How are your studies?" he asked as if he only cared about her studies, "Just as always... normal," she said sternly, "Good then, would you accompany me?" He said, confusing her, "Me...? Accompanying YOU? HA HA HA, you must be joking... that's a good joke HA HA HA-" he looked deadly serious, it was the look that he gives when someone disobeys. It gave Egao goosebumps.

He stared at her long enough to make Egao stutter, "T-There's a coffee shop near here.... Perhaps it won't hurt to have a talk." He nodded, "Let's go, then," he took her hands and held them tightly as they headed to the coffee shop.

A bell rang as soon as they stepped in. A waiter quickly greeted them, "A table for how many, sir?" The waiter asked. "Two please," he said. The waiter then led them to a table and they sat.

Egao didn't notice that they were still holding hands, so she took her hand away slowly... and carefully, not wanting disrespect the man before her. It only made Akashi smirk at her flushed form.

Egao only ordered water, she's already eaten after all. Akashi ordered a latté, same as what she ordered earlier. After getting their orders, they only sat there, there was a typical moment of silence. The aura between them was so heavy that the other customers were feeling it.

'Jeez... What's with them?'

'Be quiet. They might glare here!'

'Well yeah... Oi, that's that famous high school basketball player, right? The one in your magazine earlier?'

'Yeah, you're right! But who's he with?'

'His girlfriend maybe?'

'Does he even have a girlfriend?'

"You know, it's quite rude for you to talk behind our backs," Egao and Akashi said in chorus, glaring. The guy who said that apologized, "I'm sorry!" They both sighed and looked at each other, a tint of red covered Egao's cheeks. They continued to drink their orders in silence.

Egao is getting conscious of herself, she can hear girls gossip about them, 'What's that hottie doing with such a plain girl?' 'Try asking the guy out! He's sure to leave such an ugly girl if someone as cute as you confesses to him!' she sighed. Egao stood up and got her things. "I'm going home," she said, causing Akashi to quickly grab her wrist. "Leaving so soon?" He said with a playful smirk. Egao knew she had no choice but to play along with him, so once again, she let out a sigh and then sat down.

Egao is definitely getting irritated with the silence, "You know," she started, "there's this thing called talking," she said irritably, "I have things to do, so if we're just gonna do something useless, something like this, I think I'm just wasting my time so I would like to go now, and it would make me really happy if you'd let me." Akashi set his almost finished latté down and stared at her, "Oh, so you think spending time with me is useless and a waste of time? That's mean, Egao," he teased, making her roll her eyes... but she did blush though... a little bit.