Chapter 16: Be Mine

Last time: ....... "She's probably in your age right now if she's with us. I'm certain that you'll become friends." She smiled. Yuzuki can't help but think of Egao whenever Mrs. Kaneshiro would smile. The two of them look too alike. Then she suddenly thought of something. "Mrs. Kaneshiro, I might know where your daughter is."

----
• • •

It's been weeks since Egao has been in the hospital. Egao was thankful that Yoshiaki was there helping her. But there was one day where Egao asked, "Nee nee, why did you bother becoming a hero?" He tilted his head, confused at her question. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, why did you even bother to help me? We were strangers but it felt like there was a connection... I just don't know." She murmured. "I bothered to help you because we are very alike" he said. Egao had no clue about what Yoshiaki was talking about so she just looked at him, signaling him to continue.

"When I was 5, I lost my parents and my sisters during a terrorist attack. I was the only one who survived in my family. When the terrorist entered our house they shot my family one...by...one. I pretended to be dead until they went away I covered myself with some of my dad's blood...and that time, I repeatedly told myself 'don't cry' damn it..."

She kept silent, "S-sorry" she stared at Yoshiaki who was crying silently, covering his eyes. "It's f-fine, if I only helped them sooner."

Egao stared at Yoshiaki worringly, and wiped his tear away "It's alright now, thank you Aki-san." She smiled to reassure him, "Hai... Thank you too." He sighed, "Nee nee can i get out of here now? My cuts seem to be healed already." Egao said pouting. "Not until your fully healed", Egao gave a big groan. "I wanna play basketball again Aki!", she pouted at him. He then took
a scratch paper and crumpled it then gave it to Egao, "Your ball..." Then he took the small bin and put it far away "...Your hoop" he continued and smiled at her "Ah arigatou Aki!" She smiled, "Just be careful with your wires =^=".