Chapter 20: I'm sorry, Egao

Last time:
He decided he will confront to her today.
------

Egao went downstairs after finishing her bath. She was wearing a red t-shirt with her dark blue jersey shorts with red stripes at the side. She saw Yoshiaki fiddling with something. "Aki?" She said curiously. He flinched and looked back at her, "Ah! Egao!" he said as he quickly hid his hands behind his back. That just sparked Egao's curiosity, "What'cha got there~?" she asked.

Yoshiaki was sort of blushing, "Egao I need to tell you something..." he said nervously. She tilted her head, "Egao, I-I'm... I'm getting married... early next year". There was a moment of silence for about 5 seconds until Egao finally realizes what was happening.

She panicked, "OH MY GOD AKI!!! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME!!! OH MY GOD SHE'S PROBABLY DEPRESSED SINCE YOU'RE HERE TAKING CARE OF ME!! OMG--- AM I GETTING IN THE WAY OF YOUR RELATIONSHIP?!?!! GAAH--!!! IM SO STUPID!! I NEVER ACTUALLY THOUGHT YOU HAVE A LOVE LIFE!!! I ALWAYS THOUGHT YOU WERE GA--" she was cut off when Yoshiaki cupped her cheeks and swayed it side to side, "Calm down, Egao," she pouted slightly and he let go.

He smiled, "Good". She still pouted, "What's with the face?" He asked. "You never told me anything about you having a fiancé, YET A GIRLFRIEND! ...I even thought you were gay," Egao whispered the last part so softly he didn't even hear it. "What was that? Anyway, it doesn't really matter does it?"

Egao was still pouting, frustrated that Yoshiaki was keeping this a secret from her. "Why? Jealous?" He teased, she flinched "URUSE!". He just gave a small chuckle "Don't worry, you'll soon have one~" teasing with an innocent smile "LIKE I WOULD-" she blushed because of the fact that Akashi came into her mind.

Yoshiaki ruffled her hair, "Deep in thought again I see~?" she shook her head and pouted, "What were you thinking of anyway~?" he asked, "Ah..haha... Um... Stuff..." she scratched the back of her head and smiled sheepishly.

"Anyway, there's something else I need to tell you, Egao," Yoshiaki said, "Eh? What is it?" Egao asked. "My fiancé currently lives in Kyoto, and my boss said that he'll be reassigning me there next year," he told her, "Then that means..." Egao smiled. "Yup, you will still be able to see me," Egao jumped in glee, "YAAAY!!!!" she hugged Yoshiaki.

• • • • •

The clicking of Akira's heels on the floor of Narita Airport were heard as she pulled along her huge luggage. She will be going to Canada for education purposes. Akashi, her 'fiancé' walked along her side to see her off; even if he knows this might be the last time he sees her.

"Okay, Seijuro, this is it. Non-passengers are only allowed until this point." Akira said. "I know Akira." Akashi said as if he isn't even worried or sad. Akira looked at him in the eyes. "Nee, Seijuro, before I go, please answer this question truthfully." Akashi looked at her, gesturing her to continue. "Do you or have you ever loved me?" she asked, her eyes pleading. "Akira-"

"Nevermind! On second thought, don't answer!" She cut him off. "I already know the answer..." Akira smiled pitily to herself. She tried holding back her tears, "Okay then, the engagement is off, I'll inform my parents before boarding the plane."

"Seijuro, even if you never had feelings for me, please remember that I love and will always love you..." Akira said as she tipped her toes to try and kiss him on the lips but Akashi turned his face to the left. "You're so mean, you know?" Akira laughed. "Oh, well, at least I was able to kiss you before I go, goodbye Seijuro, I love you," she smiled. "Be well, Akira. Good bye." Akashi bid before going to the exit.