Chapter Fifteen

I stare at the gym as I walk in with Daniella. "What?" She asks.
"Look." I reply as I point to a poster.  " 'Gymnastics tryouts on Wednesday in the gym.' I can do gymnastics again!" I smile. It's currently 10:30am and it's Saturday, so no one is at school.
"Good morning Emmalee and Daniella. Let's get started." Maddison says as she appears out of nowhere.
"Okay." I reply as I walk to where Maddison stands. Danielle sits down and reads a book. "What am I learning today?"
"Hypnotisation, or mind-controlling." She replies as she walks over to me. "Daniella?" She asks, making my sister look up from her book. "Do you mind being a target for Emma to practise on? She won't hurt you... Much..." She whispers the last part very quietly so Daniella doesn't hear and I raise an eyebrow.
"Um, sure!" Daniella replies as she puts her book down and gets up.
"Thanks Dani." I smile.
"Okay, just stare into Daniella's eyes and think that you want to control her." Maddison says to me.
Daniella's eyes widen. "Wait, what?"
She's too late, I'm already focused. She goes into a daze and and turn my head to Maddison, who is nodding. "Next, think of something that you want her to do. Since she's your own twin sister, just do some thing harmless or you might hurt her."
I have the perfect idea! I laugh to myself as I concentrate on what I'm trying to make Daniella do. She suddenly starts making chicken noises and doing the chicken dance around the gym, making me burst into a fit of laughter. Daniella snaps out of her daze and back to normal, confused as ever.
"Good job Emma! Thank you Daniella for helping." Maddison smiles and Daniella walks back to the bench, still confused as ever.

---------

After practise Daniella and I walk to a park near our house, where we will meet Jamie. We arrive there and Jamie nearly jumps on top of me. "Emma, where have you two been?!" She asks.
"Ummm....." I desperately try to think of an excuse.
"Some teachers wanted us to help them do some stuff. It was really boring but we're done now." Daniella smiles and winks at me.
"Oh yeah, we're really tired." I nod.
Jamie raises an eyebrow but believes us.
"We should probably get back home, we have a lot of homework." Jamie says.
Daniella and I nod. "Yeah." The three of us start walking down the path past trees and bushes back to our houses, when suddenly someone jumps out of the bushes and on top of me. I scream and look up.
"EMBER?!" I scream.
"How do you know my name, girl?" Ember narrows her eyes and fastens her grip on me.
"Who cares, what are you doing on top of me?!" 
"OSBE wants to have you."
"Well sorry, but I'm not for sale!" I shout as I shoot a blast at Ember, making her fly off of me. She shoots a blast at me but I don't move in time and it hits me on my arm, making it burn. I scream in pain and shoot a blast in her face, before quickly grabbing Daniella and Jamie and flying to our houses. Seems I have super strength as well, because Daniella and Jamie combined feel as light as a feather to me.
Jamie blinks in astonishment at what she just saw. I land on the ground just outside my house and get Daniella and Jamie off of me before I collapse to the ground, weak and tired.
"Emma!" Is the last thing I hear before everything goes black.