I don't say anything for a while, but I find myself nodding.

"That's bull, obviously."

"And why do you think that?" I ask.

"Well because you wouldn't be crying if you were done with him." Michael says as he wipes the tears from my cheeks. I wasn't even aware I started to cry.

"Well excuse me if i'm still in love with him only eight days after our breakup!" I scream at Michael.

I know I shouldn't take my anger out on Michael, I just don't know how to handle all these feelings.

"That's not a bad thing. May, you guys have something way too special to throw away. You know Luke would never intentionally cheat on you. He was drunk out of his mind and you two weren't together at the time. You know how protective I am over you. So if I thought Luke wasn't any good for you, do you really think i'd be trying this hard to get you to forgive him?"

He does make a point, but it's still not enough for me to forgive him.

"He loves you so much, you've got to believe that."

I do believe that. With all my heart and soul I believe that. I know Luke loves me and I don't want to let him go and live my life without him but, I can't take the pain he also puts me though.

"I can't take the fighting anymore." I sigh.

"That's what a relationship is, May. You fight, but then you make up. Nobody's perfect."

I shake my head. "I can't talk about this right now." I say as I walk back into my room and shut the door.

"May come on. Open the door." Michael says as he knocks on the door.

Minutes pass and the apartment falls silent. Then I hear the front door open and shut, Michael must have left.

-

Luke's POV

I haven't left my room in eight days. I can't bring myself to do anything without it somehow reminding me of May, and how much I screwed up.

"Luke open the door." Michael says from outside my bedroom door. How did he even get inside my house?

"I did not walk all the way over here just for you to ignore me so open the fucking door." He demands.

I groan as I get up and open the door. "How did you even get in my house?" I ask.

He holds up a key. I forgot he had one.

"We need to talk." Michael says as he walks into my room.

"About what?"

Michael raises an eyebrow. "I think you know about what."

"I really would rather not be reminded of how much I fucked up, man."

"You need to go apologize." Michael tells me.

"You don't think I have? What else can I do?"

"Do something! Fuck, just go to her. Stop being a little bitch hiding in your room."

I sit on my bed and cover my face with my hands. "I fucked up so bad. How could I have made her hate me this much?"

"You love her don't you?"

"You know I do."

"Then tell her! Go apologize and do it better this time. Don't ask me how, just figure it out!" Michael raises his voice.

"I can't handle her telling me to leave again. And I know that's exactly what she'll do." I say, changing the tone of my voice to extremely quiet.

"You never know until you try. But there's one thing I know for sure. If you stay in your room like this, you'll never get her back. Who knows, maybe you never will, but at least you have a slight chance if you go and try to make things right." Michael says.

That might have just about been the smartest thing he's ever said before.

"You're right." I say.

"I know I am. Don't screw it up this time." Michael says as he punches me arm lightly.

I nod in thanks before walking out of my house and starting towards May's.

-

May's POV

Michael's been gone for quite some time. I have no idea where he went, but I don't bother to call him and ask. He's probably at Cora's. I hear a knock at my front door. Michael probably forgot his key. I groan as I stand up and go answer the door.

"Don't forget your key next time." I say as I open the door.

Only, it isn't Michael. It's Luke.

"I thought you were Michael." I say, looking down. 

"Nope." He says, popping the 'p'.

I go to shut the door but he puts his hand on it to hold it open.

"May, please wait!" Luke begs.

I stop closing the door and look up at him. "What do you want from me, Luke?" I sigh.

"I'm in love with you. I'm always going to be in love with you. I know you love me too and you and I both know this isn't over. I made a mistake, May. A mistake i'm going to regret forever. But please, please just forgive me." Luke begs.

"I can't, Luke. The damage has already been done. You've done some pretty terrible things Luke but this―this is by far the worst. While I was in my room crying over you, you were with another girl as if I meant nothing to you. Do you know how that makes me feel?" I cry.

"I know! And i'm so fucking sorry, May. That girl meant nothing to me. But you―you're my everything."

I sigh, wiping the tears from my cheeks. "Ever since we came into each other's lives, all we've done is put each other through pain. I can see it in your eyes, you've lost your light."

Luke tries to take my hand but I pull away. "Baby, no. You are my light." Luke says.

I just shake my head.

"We'll figure it out, May. We always do."

"Stop always saying that! One day something will happen that we won't be able to figure out. God, Luke! Stop pretending like life doesn't absolutely terrify you!" I scream.

Luke looks up at me, tears running down his face. "The only thing that terrifies me is a life without you."

I sigh. He can't just say these things to me and expect me to go running back into his arms. Maybe Brooke was right about that, I always run back to him no matter what he does. This relationship isn't good for either of us.

"I think we both just need to move on." I say quietly.

"I can't. I won't."

"Life will go on, Luke. With or without you." I cry.

I knew that was a lie though. Life will pass each and everyday but, my life will never be the same. Not without him. But I can't take the pain anymore. It's too much for one person to take.

It's like i'm screaming, but no one can hear me.

"Please, May. I love you!" Luke says, almost as if he's proclaiming it to the world.

"We can't just-" I start before Luke cuts me off by crashing his lips onto mine.

----

A/N Don't hate me, hate the characters! lol. What's your guys opinion on everything happening? Do you think May is right to be so angry? Personally, I do. I mean, she was crying over Luke and he was out with another girl. I feel really bad for her tbh. But, people do make mistakes. Please comment and vote!! :) xx