Muggle London: Part One

Start from the beginning

Pushing my hair out of my face from another jerk, I replied, "No, it'll only take a couple of minutes."

Just then a voice called out our stop through the speakers and the carriage jerked to a stop. This time, however, the boys were prepared and didn't fall over. I told them to follow me and we headed out of the door.

Shoving through the crowds, I turned around to see that they were no longer following me, but had stopped to gaze at a illuminated poster of a very pretty blond model, advertising a perfume. I backtracked and starred at them for a moment. "What are you guys drooling at?" My voice came out more sharply than I had expected.

They broke their gaze to see me, starring at them with my arms crossed. They all began to blush. You know, I don't think I've ever seen Sirius Black blush before, but it was a sight to see, I wouldn't deny it.

"Boys," I mumbled and grabbed James' hand, pulling him along after me. I figure, if one of them goes, the others will follow.

Of course, I was right and once we got outside of the station, I dropped James' hand, leaving my fingers feeling numb, and turned to count heads.

Remus and Peter were starring up at me, waiting, but James and Sirius were arguing about what you could possibly do with a bowl to make it entertaining.

"I'm telling you, Padfoot," James said. "It's a competition who can spin a bowl for the longest!" Not even close.

"That's just stupid," protested Sirius. "I reckon it's who can throw a ball into a bowl first." Definitely the better idea.

They began to bicker between themselves, then they both looked up at me. "Tell him, Lily," they exclaimed at the same time, jabbing a finger at the other person.

I laughed. "It's a surprise."

***

The heat of the bowling alley flooded in and I let out a sign off relief. The guys, however, were too busy examining the place to notice the heat change.

There were bowling alleys all the way down the far wall of the building. On the left corner, next to the entrance, was a little burger bar and, opposite that, was an arcade with slot machines and other games.

"Come on," I told them and headed for the counter. Behind it stood a blond haired boy around my age, who gave me a smile when I headed towards him.

"Hey," he said. "What can I get you?"

"Five tickets please," I replied, handing over some money and glancing back at the boys. They were jabbing a coin slot machine, trying to get the money to fall out. "Stop it!" I yelled at them and they all began to walk over to me, looking guilty. I was starting to feel like a worried mother.

Turning back to the counter, I was met by the guy giving me an incredulous look, with his eyebrows raised.

"They're foreign exchange students," I said, "haven't been somewhere like this before."

He nodded with a little laugh. "You can go to lane three," he said. "Your gonna have to get some bowling shoes over there, though."

I nodded and thanked him, then turned back to see the guys waiting for me. They followed me over to a rack full off bowling shoes. I grabbed my size and began to pull my own boots off. Having changed, I glanced up to see the boys starring at me, confused.

"Oh, right," I murmured. "You need to change your shoes."

They all grimaced. "That's gross," Sirius exclaimed, wrinkling his nose in disgust.

I glared at him. "Just do it."

They obliged, though must unwillingly, and a few minutes later I was typing their names into the machine.

Avoiding The MaraudersOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara