Muggle London: Part Two

Their forced claps filled my ears happily, while I did a little dance around the alley. Sirius was making a big deal out of it and was bowing to me like I was the Queen. Queen of Bowling!

Of course, I smashed them all. When I say smashed, I mean all of them but James. That jerk lost by two points, but notice the lost part of that sentence and therefore...

"I WIN! BOW TO YOUR BOWLING QUEEN!" When they didn't, and even Sirius stopped, I guess he doesn't like to be ordered, I crossed my arms and glared. "I. Said. Bow."

Poor Peter did. Turns out he doesn't have a problem with being ordered about, it's almost like he enjoys having a master to follow. Someone could use that to their advantage, I thought.

Sirius and James just matched my glare, they looked like they were almost identical in expression; it was clear why they were best friends.

Remus just rolled his eyes with a smile; it amused him, but he wasn't going to follow through.

Boys.

"You only won by two points," James pointed out with a frown. "That's hardly anything," then he crossed his arms too. "And you know what, you've done this before, so it wasn't fair."

Why does that boy have to make so much sense? It's the glasses, right? Makes him some kind of genius. Figures.

"Well, I still won," I said back.

"What are we gonna do now?"asked Sirius.

I thought. We could go to the cinema, but then they'd likely get bored and start talking and we'd get kicked out. Plus, I use that cinema, I don't want to get banned because of these morons.

Then there's the option of eating at the burger bar, I'm always up for food, but then we'd be full for my mum's meal, so that's also a no no.  

I paused. Oh, this is good.

"I have just the thing," I said, smiling at them mischievously.

They glanced at each other, uncertainly. "Why do I regret asking that question now?"

***

The roller skating ring was almost empty. I guess most people do ice skating in the winter, maybe it fits the scenery. Maybe they just don't want to risk the injuries that may come from falling onto your butt repeatedly at full speed. Which, may I add, is exactly why I'm here.

I yanked on my skates and then watched the boys doing it too. They seemed so confident, even Peter seemed to be eyeing the ring like it was his next enemy to concur.

Can I point out that they didn't even know that muggles did this for fun? Therefore, I'm hoping this will be one of those things that I have nailed and they haven't. For I used to come here with my dad every Friday when I was younger for the disco. He even taught me to go backwards.

I stood up gracefully. Not to brag, I didn't do it that gracefully, but compared to the guys I looked an angel rising through the clouds.

James and Sirius, who had just seen me stand up and must have figured that if I could do it then they could (they were totally wrong!), briskly got up of their chairs and stood up straight. Or at least they tried to. They both wobbled and grabbed on to each other in attempts to steady one another, this just caused them to wobble more and fall on top of each other, James lying face down on top of Sirius who was lying on his back.

Peter stood up at the same time as them and didn't get as far, he got onto his feet and then, in the blink of an eye, he was on his butt, blinking around in shock.