What The Hell Are You Doing Here?

This Chapter is dedicated to FanForever10 because, as I scrolled down my notifications, the last twelve were about you. Thank you for voting and reading! I hope you enjoy!

I always wonder why wizards and witches celebrate Christmas. I mean, I don't think that I've ever heard of one who was a Christian unless they were muggle born. I guess we do it for the presents and the food.

That's fine with me.

However, for my sister and her ass of a boyfriend, who has turned my sister Christian, they seem to think that it's God's calling that Christmas this is year is just perfect.

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of religion. It's beautiful, don't you think? That people can come together and be happily connected through something that they feel will protect them and guide them in life.

I think the only reason that I'm not religious is that my faith rests on magic. The Wizarding World is my religion and home.

That, I believe, just gives Petunia another reason to believe that I am devil spawn; my magic.

How do I know this?

I can hear her through the walls.

"Oh, Verny, I know!" She wailed clearly on the phone to her miserable toad boyfriend. "She's home from that boarding school again!" There was a pause and I could just imagine her taking in everything he says like its God sent. "Yes, they're making her stay for Christmas! I tried to convince them to let her stay at that school, but they think she's just so precious and can't spend another day away from her... Yes, your right it's ridiculous! No, it's best you don't come over now, come over tomorrow for dinner, yes."

The next part of the conversation I just ignore; it's always the same. No you hang up first. No you hang up first.

That's right; they don't just do that in the movies.

Lying back in my bed, I grabbed this days Daily Prophet and began to read the first page.

You Know Who Strikes Again

The Ministry of Magic have informed us that in just the last week, 12 wizards and 3 muggles have been killed in Paris, where we have information that implies that it is the current whereabouts of He Who Must Not Be Named.

The Minister for Magic claimed that they are doing all they can to protect our community and bring down You Know Who before there is another attack.

A pamphlet is attached to the back of this Daily Prophet edition in means of protecting yourself and your family against the dark forces.

I frowned.

Being home from school, I now realise how much Hogwarts protects us from being aware of the going ons in the world. Everything is getting worse and, even though they're not saying it, people are getting worried that He Who Must Not Be Named will not be stopped before something really bad happens.

Protecting Yourself and Your Family

•Place protective spells around your house (see list of ministry approved spells on back) and inform your family of you having done so, as to make them aware of them being safe in their home.

•Do not leave your home after dark and if it is necessary travel with at least one other person.

•Always have you wand with you at all times (even if you are under age- however, it is only to be used in dire situations)

•Have an emergency back up plan if you are under attack- where will you go? Who can you trust?

The list went on and on and it's like they were trying to make something that terrible and so against human nature a small thing that could be fixed by a tiny list.